Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yay for Productivity!!

I got a lot done today!! I did homework for about 1.5 hours, rewrote my notes for class, and when I started looking for my owner's manual for my camera, I decided to clean out and organize our closet. (Casey felt my forehead when he came home and saw that...lol...)

I went to Walmart this afternoon, got all of my shopping done in less than 30 minutes, and came home to actually make a full-course meal! We had roasted pork loin glazed with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing/honey mixture, and garlic Parmesan potato wedges. We also had this awesome salad that we get from Sam's every now and then that has almonds, feta cheese, cranberries, and white balsamic vinaigrette dressing. In all, it was pretty tasty stuff!

Additionally, I watched some of the TV shows I had recorded previously and made more space on the DVR for my Thursday night shows. Oh, and I also got 3 loads of laundry done today and a load of dishes.

I have to brag about things like this because it is so rare that they all happen in one day. :) I started the day with a cup of coffee, and I think that's what got me through it all. I didn't even take a nap! I need to have more days like this.

Tonight, Casey and I are going to watch a movie. After that, if it's not too late, I will probably do some Wii Fit as I have skipped a few days. I didn't feel well on Monday, had class on Tuesday, and just slacked off yesterday. It's time for some exercise!

Oh yeah- yesterday I decided to spoil Charley by taking him to downtown Naperville. We went to a shop called Two Bostons that I heard about through Mandi & Kyle. It's a really cute shop with a lot of gourmet items. Charley stuck his nose in a basket of 'Bully Sticks' and started chewing on one of them before I could pull his head back. He kept going back to it, and I felt guilty, so of course I bought him one. So far it's taken about 3 hours for him to chew on it, and he's still not done. I also bought him some freeze dried cheddar cheese which sounds and smells weird, but he loves it! I put it in his Kong and he ate it all in about 30 seconds. I think he had a good time there.

We also walked around downtown Naperville just to check out the shops (and so I could wear him down a bit). It was chilly, but warmer than normal, so I walked around with him until my ears hurt from the cold. We both came home and napped until Casey got home from work.

I'm done for now... sorry for the long and probably boring update. I'll write more soon!

-Ash

No comments: