Monday, June 21, 2010

C'mon, Get Happy

An update for you... and a better one this time. :)

I went to the doctor on Friday. They gave me happy pills (Zoloft), and I've set up an appointment tomorrow evening to see a counselor to talk about all the things that are worrying me right now. I think if I have that outlet, and someone to guide me, I should feel better very soon. The pills have made me a little sleepy- so far that's the only real side effect.

We spoiled Charley on Saturday by taking him to see "his people" at Petsmart, and then later in the afternoon we went to Sonic and Two Bostons. Going to Sonic made me a little sad, just remembering the old days at USC when we'd go pick up food for dinner and take it to Casey in the lab. Charley would always get his share of the cheese tots, and occasionally his own hot dog. So a bit of the sadness came back last night thinking about CB. I tend to get sad in the evenings, especially after Keaton goes to bed. Poor Case. He's great, though, and just listens to what I'm worried/sad about, and helps me through it. Like I've said before, if I didn't have such an awesome support system, this would be much more difficult.

Yesterday was Casey's first Father's Day. I think he enjoyed his gifts- we got him a coffee cup with a collage of pictures of him with Keaton and Charley, some coffee and tea, a CD he's wanted for awhile, and a Dad frame. Then we went out to the Weber Grill last night in Lombard. I just finished the leftovers for lunch... DELISH. Especially the whipped sweet potatoes. I'm almost sad I ate them all, I could use some more!

I think the weekend went well, but of course it went way too fast. Keaton is starting to do all kinds of new things, including his attempts at sitting up by himself. While he's laying on the ground, he'll lift his head up and try to pull the rest of his body up on his own. He's got a way to go, but if you give him your fingers, he'll pull himself upright. He's starting to get ticked off if he is laying down longer than he would like. Funny little guy.

My favorite new Keaton thing is that he is laughing a lot more now! He is pretty ticklish, and I discovered by mistake the other day that if I 'chew' on his ribcage he will laugh and squeal louder and longer than he ever has. I even got him to stop being fussy by tickling him! He is proving to be a pretty happy little kid, which is wonderful. I know he'll probably be pretty serious, too, but when he laughs and smiles, his whole face lights up. It's the highlight of my day. :-D

I guess that's about it for now. Still waiting on the little dude to roll over. I will not rush it... he's just so close!! More later...

-Ash

No comments: