Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Looking up

Miraculously, Charley is doing so much better right now. At 5 this morning, Casey got up and checked on him. He was able to get up on his own, and drank some water. He started eating a ground meat product we purchased at Petsmart on Saturday (per Charley's request... he almost started chewing through the casing right there in the store!). He has gotten up to eat 3 times today. He just let me know he had to go outside to go to the bathroom. So things are looking up.

I realize things are probably not going to get a whole lot better from here, but seeing him up and around again is so much of a surprise that I feel like I've already seen just about as bad as it can get. I really thought I would wake up this morning and he would have passed away in his sleep, judging by the way he looked before we went to bed last night. What a week so far. I know we're not out of the woods yet, but I'm really thankful for the vet and all the fluids they gave him last night. If we get even a few more days with him, it will really be a blessing. The bottom line for me is that I don't want him to be in pain or suffer. So far he seems to be doing tons better... that's all I can ask for.

For those of you keeping up with the blog, I appreciate all the support you've shown, and I apologize for the way the blogs have gone lately... I feel like all I've written about are negative things. At the beginning of January I remember how bad things were getting- it was one of the worst weeks I've had in as long as I can remember. But knowing there are people out there reading this and supporting me no matter where I am on the roller coaster of life truly makes me happy, no matter how down I sound. Thank you all so much.

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ash, you're doing so amazing considering all that you have going on this year. I love you!