Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Little Fish

Yesterday was our neighborhood block party. Scratch that- it was basically our street and a few extra people, but we called it a 'block party' anyway. Well, the weather decided to play tricks on us, so when the shindig started at noon, the thunder and lightning basically did, too. We were all outside for awhile until it started getting worse and worse. The neighbors got a bouncy house but the kids obviously couldn't play in it during the storm, so everyone was a bit miserable. Case and I decided to move our cars out of the garage and have people hang out in there until it blew over. After almost an hour of standing around in our garage, we all gave up and decided to get the food we made for the party out and start eating. So basically the 'block party' ended up in our garage for about 2.5 hours until the storm stopped. Then it spilled out into our driveway, and basically our house was the central location for everything the rest of the day. It worked out great, and I'm actually thankful for it partcially because I could go inside whenever I needed something for Keaton, and Charley could be in and out of the house and still get to see all of the neighborhood kids. The only downside, besides being pretty embarrassed when people came in to use our bathroom b/c the house is a disaster, is that Casey really had intended on getting work done yesterday afternoon, and that really didn't get to happen. I will say, though, that he seemed to enjoy himself and maybe even relax a bit, even with all the work weighing on his mind. He put Keaton in the Bjorn and carried him around most of the afternoon. When the weather cleared up and after we'd all been hanging out for awhile in our driveway, our neighbor opened their heated pool and invited everyone over. Another neighbor lent us a swim diaper and rubber cover for Keaton, and he got to go swimming! He was so cute, kicking his feet in the water and taking it all in. I think the warm water and the bouncing motion we had going really wiped him out, because when we came home and he ate around 7:30, he was pretty much spent for the rest of the night. He woke up around 1:30 a.m. and I fed him again, then he slept until 6. I am really happy he got to swim, and that our second attempt was MUCH better than the first. I will post pictures soon.

This morning I got up and went for a walk with a neighbor and another new mom I met recently on the street behind us. We all three have boys, so we had a lot in common and a lot to talk about. Charley Brown was dragging his feet and stopped about every 30 seconds to go to the bathroom or sniff something, so I guess calling it a 'walk' probably isn't very accurate, but it was nice to get the boys out and get out of the house for a bit. I have a ton of things to do today, as my parents are headed our way tomorrow and should arrive in the early evening. I am pretty behind on laundry, and I am MILES behind on cleaning, so I'm going to make every attempt to get as much done today and tomorrow as I can. Keaton's taking one heck of a nap right now, and I'm taking a tiny break while I wait on one of the loads of laundry to finish. Not sure how this will all work when he wakes up, and I realize blogging when I should be doing other things is not really helping my cause right now, but after the walk and running around the house trying to get things accomplished, I decided a small break was in order. I guess that's about all for now... little dude should wake up any time now. :)

-Ash

No comments: