Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Keep Rollin'

We had a nice super quick visit with the Hetrick family (which I guess I updated a bit in the previous post). The trip to downtown was fun, although parts of it were not Keaton's cup of tea. Especially when the Science Storms exhibit had a lightning demonstration... the kid totally lost it. I would have, too, though! It was pretty loud and scary, and definitely wouldn't help a kid out if they were already scared of storms. Hopefully it didn't traumatize him or anything. He did not want to nap at all because there was so much to see, so he passed out on the way home. To my surprise, he slept very well on Friday and Saturday night. Sunday we went to downtown Naperville and walked around. The weather was beautiful, and besides frying the heck out of my neck at lunch (I chose the wrong seat, for sure), we had a very nice visit. The sunburn's already going away. That's the most sun I've gotten all summer!

It was a busy weekend, and I'm finally getting back in the swing of things today. I normally take Mondays "off" (meaning I try to sleep in and normally don't get much accomplished... sometimes I don't even get dressed). Yesterday I wanted to help Casey get ready for his quick business trip to Louisiana, but Keat decided to cluster feed (again, it's gotta be a growth spurt) so I was running around like a chicken by the time Casey came home around noon. Then Mr. K decided to give Casey a present, and the present went up his back and got into his hair. I will not say how. But Case gave him an impromptu bath while I got some of his clothes out of the dryer. By the time he threw his stuff in a bag and shaved, the car was already here to take him to the airport. He'll be back late tonight. So glad it wasn't a longer trip!

In other news, now that Keaton's found out he can roll, that's all he wants to do. It does seem to make tummy time a little more tolerable, but it would be nice if he could learn to roll from his tummy to his back because he tends to get ticked if he's on it too long. He's getting so much stronger these days. Yesterday the weather was so nice, we went outside for about 2 hours and he sat up almost half of the time, mostly unassisted. He rolled on his side at one point and scared himself, but he stopped crying quickly and was a pretty happy dude afterward. It was nice to visit with the neighbors and enjoy the cooler weather.

We're watching some construction workers repave the streets in our subdivision... they are super loud and kind of annoying when the kid is trying to nap. Oh well, not like he naps for very long as it is. It will be nice to have streets without potholes and bumps. Other than that, just taking it easy and anxiously awaiting Casey's arrival tonight.

-Ash

No comments: