Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No Title Tuesday

On Saturday when our neighbors babysat Keaton, he ended up taking a long nap for them (almost an hour and a half!), which is both great (for them) and frustrating (for us) because we normally only get about 30-45 minutes at best when he naps at home. Soooo... I tried doing what Jen did, and put Keaton in his car seat. I didn't strap him in or anything, just put a blanket down to pad the buckles, then a soft blanket over top of that and laid him on it. I sat in his room and put his laundry away, and before I knew it, he was passed out. I'm not sure how long this will last, and of course I should be doing something useful with my time right now since he's asleep... but instead I thought I would blog.

I am again trying to find motivation to clean the house because Casey's family is coming this weekend. They aren't staying with us, but we'll probably hang out here a bit in the evenings. I have a feeling this weekend is going to go pretty fast- it always does. I'm excited to have family around again, though. My parents are coming up at the beginning of September and I'm already getting excited about that, too. I'm trying not to wish time away right now, but there are so many fun things coming up that I keep thinking they will never get here. Sort of like Keaton with new milestones- I still wonder when he'll start rolling over on a regular basis and sitting up all by himself, but I don't want to rush it. Everything will happen when it's supposed to.

Found myself missing Charley Brown a lot this week. I think the rainy weather is affecting my mood. I found his leash and collar when I was cleaning out the car on Saturday. There were two random pieces of dog food on the floor of the mud room that got pushed aside and some ants found them, so while I was spraying pesticide I was thinking about Chuck and how he probably wouldn't have left those pieces there if he were around... I also wondered how over a month has gone by and we hadn't found those on the floor before. Oh well... I'm sure we'll still find things around here months from now. Hopefully all the food will be gone, though- otherwise Keaton might find it first! Yikes.

Keaton's awake now... dang... only got about 30 minutes. Jen must be a miracle worker! I need lessons.

-Ash

No comments: