Sunday, August 22, 2010

Slow Motion

Another Sunday... another day spent at the office, trying to cram enough in my minutes to avoid looking at the clock, and realizing that time goes slower here. Or at least it feels like it does.

It was harder to leave this morning than normal. Maybe that's because my kid is totally in sponge-mode now and is so much fun to be around (minus the teething) that I dread leaving him for a measly 7 hour shift. He and Casey brought me lunch, as they always do. I still feel like I am missing part of myself when Keaton's not with me. You'd think after 6 months I would get over that, but if anything I think it's gotten worse. I had fun hanging out with my boys yesterday and didn't want the weekend to end.

We went to PetsMart yesterday morning for the first time since Charley passed (I guess technically we went in the weekend after he passed to give the vet and the PetsHotel flowers), but yesterday was the first trip to say Hi since then. It was kind of tough. We saw a beautiful Brindle Boxer right before we left. I felt a lump in my throat, but swallowed it and was able to get out of the place without crying. I still think about the guy daily- usually multiple times a day, but at least now it's more for good memories instead of feeling sad that he's gone. I feel that, too... just not quite as much as I used to. Keaton has kept my mind off of it pretty well with all of the new things he's learning lately. He had a fun time walking around PetsMart with us and looking at all the animals. I think he liked the fish the best, actually... he couldn't figure out why he couldn't touch them through the glass. Too cute.

We hung out with our neighbors most of the afternoon yesterday. Our neighbors to the north are moving to Florida by the end of the month, so our neighbors to the south had a going away party for them. It was good to get out, enjoy the weather, and give Keaton some time to socialize with the older kids on our street. He loved watching the older boys play baseball and hockey, and ride their bikes. He especially liked when the girls would come up and give him attention- again, he is SUCH a flirt! We enjoyed spending time with the Northern Neighbors before they leave... I hope the people moving in are even half as nice as they were.

I guess that's about all from my end. I'm planning to go home and give Casey a reprieve because Keaton decided to be pretty fussy most of the day and not nap for him (except in the car), so he hasn't been able to get any work done. Only an hour and 15 minutes until I can get in the car and go be with my boys. (Sigh).

-Ash

No comments: