Thursday, May 10, 2012

So long, semester!!

...but to me, it wasn't long enough. I am so sad that today was the last day of class until Fall. I feel like a new person. I went from being completely intimidated about school and the people in my classes (feeling inadequate as a photographer, feeling out of the loop technologically, etc.) to feeling like I have FINALLY found the path that was meant for me. I have no idea where it will lead me, I just know I love it. So this is what it's like to love what you do... I wish it wouldn't have taken me so long. Better late than never!!!

I know I couldn't have done this alone. There are so many people that helped pave the way to where I am now. (I feel like I'm giving some kind of acceptance speech...haha!). But really, without the love, support, encouragement, and sometimes a swift kick in the behind, I wouldn't be pursuing something that I have always loved. It may not pay the bills, but I will be happy showing the world things that I think are beautiful about life. I will strive to put my visions out there and try to learn new techniques to better showcase what I see. All I know is, I'm excited. I am thrilled with the feedback I've received on the work I've done. I still have a long way to go, but I'm a lot more likely to climb the mountain, knowing what can possibly be on the other side.

On a final note, I can't say enough about the teachers I've met along the way. People like Glenn Hansen, Hans Klemmer, and Jeff Curto who are the type of teachers that are so passionate about what they do, it is contagious. They make learning FUN, and that's how it should be. It saddens me that the College of DuPage is having so many issues with the Administration and the possible setbacks with faculty contracts. I don't know what is in store for the Photography department, but I hope to be able to complete my journey at this school before the powers that be run it into the ground. So sad. I guess either way, I am just thankful for the time I have had there, and hope it is able to continue.

-Ash


No comments: