Sunday, January 26, 2014

Down with the sickness

I guess I'm coming to terms with the fact that when one kid gets sick, they all do. Nik started throwing up early in the week. Two days later, Rowan did. Now that they are getting their appetites back, Keaton is getting sick. Friday night he spiked a fever of 103° around 3:30 a.m., which finally broke Saturday morning. Now, after getting up with the little guys off and on since 1:45 a.m., Keaton called for me, and his fever is back up to 101.3°. There is something about the 1-3:30 a.m. time slot that is starting to become a pattern in our household lately!

Casey stayed up until 1:30, to ensure I got some rest. So far that 3 hour stretch of time in between has been fueling me, but I'm starting to feel exhaustion set in as I get up yet again with Nik. One more attempt to lay him down in the crib. I always look at the clock and hope it's the last time I have to see it for a long time. No luck so far.

I'm not really sure how to avoid getting sick at this point, since everyone around me is (basically) and my lack of sleep make my immune system more at risk. I'd love to be optimistic here. I also know that the stomach virus is very contagious, and I've been thrown up on twice this week, which was honestly one of the nastiest things I've ever dealt with before. I am a wimp when it comes to cleaning up things that come out of other people... I didn't realize this until I became a mom. I guess you just do what ya gotta do.

-Ash

No comments: