Friday, September 25, 2009

Another crazy weekend...

I'm about to start another crazy weekend. Casey's family is coming up tonight and we're going to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry. It's the last weekend for it, so hopefully there aren't a ton of people thinking the same thing we are. :) The museum is open until midnight tonight... we expect the Hetricks to arrive in Aurora around 7 or so. Looks like a late night!

Tomorrow, I'm taking more Senior pics for Leslie, visiting one of Val's friends in downtown (and hopefully a few of mine because I found out one of my Columbia friends is in town, and Jenny & Olivier are driving up from the Springfield area to see him tomorrow... hope it all works out!). Casey and Keith are staying at home to work on the basement. In the afternoon, we're coming back, and hopefully stopping by Kyle & Mandi's housewarming party. I think after that I may collapse.

Today I'm working on cleaning the house. I've been a bit more productive than normal this morning so I'm taking a small break and eating some lunch. Then it's back to cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, and vacuuming/mopping the floors. I've already done 3 loads of laundry and the dishes are running right now. I'm glad to finally have a little more energy these days! I sure do need it as we seem to keep pretty busy around here.

In baby news, I am officially 18 weeks along today! Peanut has been dancing a bit more this week, which has been fun. :) No real kicks yet, but I'm sure that will happen sometime in the near future. I am excited for Casey to be able to feel the baby move, too... because right now all I can really do is describe what's going on. It's definitely not as fun for him... although he still seems to get pretty excited to hear about it. :) I now (finally) have a list started for registry items, and we have started looking at cribs. Our neighbor has a changing table that we have decided to buy, so although our baby furniture won't match, I have to say that I really don't care. People seem to make a big deal out of things like this, but I guess it's not really a priority to me. I DO need to start seriously narrowing down a theme for the nursery, though... I'm pretty sure we'll go with some sort of animal theme, but I haven't decided if it will be general, something more specific like the ocean, or Winnie the Pooh (Classic Pooh at Target, not the more 'cartoony' one). I'm really glad that the color of the room is a very light, neutral green... that way we don't have to worry about painting it. I might like artsy things, but I am definitely not very good at decorating, as witnessed if you ever come to our place.

That's all for now.. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon from the weekend. Back to cleaning!

-Ash

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

I LOOOOOOVE Classic Pooh! So much better than normal Pooh. :) Good luck deciding! We have it easy since there's no nursery to speak of ;) I'm glad you're getting more energy! I still get tired just reading about what you're up to all the time!