Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekly... or daily... Frustration-Fest

SO I know I have a tendency to complain about things that happen at work, but today I think it is for a valid reason. I spent multiple hours over the past week printing materials for a new marketing system our company has come up with. I went over it several times with the assistant manager to be sure I was doing everything she wanted me to do. Since the big 'reveal' was this morning at the bi-monthly office meeting, I spent extra time yesterday printing a TON of stuff to go in the folders so they would be ready when the agents needed them. (8 pages per file, X 9 towns, X 20 copies of each, color, double sided, as instructed. You do the math because I don't want to!)

This brings me to this afternoon when I come in to work, and see a note on my desk that says, "Reprint everything on the new 'buff' paper."

Everything. EVERYTHING. The printer was running for 3 straight hours last night... on WHITE paper. No one mentioned this to me, or I obviously would have changed it before I ran the (literally) thousands of printouts I made yesterday. And of course the person who wrote the note definitely knew I was printing all of that yesterday as well, but never told me. Needless to say, I'm a little put out when I basically have to start from scratch. What a waste!! I am SO glad our office recycles!! Grrrr... Seriously, I have been in a funk most of the afternoon over this, mainly because it has taken THAT LONG to redo.

I'm done now. GRRR.

-Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they don't mind paying for redundancy...just be redundant and cash their checks. It just goes to show that the Asst. Mgr. is wasting employee time and company funds...but that is a management problem...and eventually will need to be addressed by the uppers!

Only a couple more months and you will be done with all this nonsense...then it will be on to "poopy" diapers!!