Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Down for the count!

After the Hetricks left on Sunday, I thought I was doing pretty well to stay upright after all the shopping and running around all weekend. Then Monday hit, and somewhere between 11 am and 7 pm, I managed to catch one heck of a cold. I started sneezing and sniffling at work, and by the time I got home around 7:30 that night, I could barely breathe. This led to a night with very little sleep, mainly because my entire nasal cavity was plugged up. I woke up Tuesday with a sore throat and pounding headache, I assume from all of the congestion. I spent most of Tuesday laying in bed, although with the headache I had a tough time sleeping. I took a bath last night after Casey got home, which seemed to help my congestion a bit. Some time during the evening, my airways started to unclog, and I was able to sleep quite a bit better overnight. Now I'm up and around, although I can't smell or taste anything right now. I was pretty excited to get my appetite back this morning, until I realized I couldn't taste anything at all. I'm eating chicken right now and it's not got a whole lot of flavor... food is much more exciting to eat when there's flavor. The grape juice I'm drinking has a bit more taste, though. I managed to drink about half a container of OJ yesterday. I will be much happier when I can breathe better and not sound like Steve Urkel when I talk. That should be fun tomorrow at work when I have to say things over the intercom... hopefully it will improve by tomorrow!

Not much else is going on here, except I'm taking more pictures of my neighbor's drum set this afternoon. His wife came over and brought more equipment. I just wish I had more energy to do this, but since his birthday is on Sunday, I am running out of time. Hopefully she'll like the pictures and everything will turn out the way she wants it. Again, just wish I had a bit more energy (and a macro lens for my camera!). :) That's all for now... I'm sure I'll have more to write as the weekend arrives. I have Ashlee's baby shower on Sunday and hopefully by then I'll be back to normal, health-wise at least. :)

-Ash

No comments: