Friday, October 2, 2009

Casey's awesome, and 19 weeks!

If I haven't mentioned it lately, my husband is amazing. He has really gone out of his way to take care of me this week. When he brought home my Vicks Vaporub and Puffs (w/Vicks... I see a theme!) on Tuesday night, inside the Walgreen's bag was a super cute get-well card. :) He took care of dinner both Tuesday and Wednesday night (even though I couldn't taste it, boo!!). When I missed class for a 2nd time this week, he didn't get upset with me (although I was upset with myself... I totally overslept due to the 3 hours of sleep on Wednesday night). To top it all off, yesterday he called me at work when he was on his way home, and ended up surprising me with hot cocoa and a warm apple pie from McDonald's. :) (PS, their hot cocoa is delicious!!) He had remembered that I had said earlier in the week that apple pie sounded good, which is weird because I'm not really a big fan of pies, normally. Very thoughtful guy. :) I am very happy to say that after 6 years of marriage, and almost 11 years together, he still thinks of ways to surprise me, and I am very thankful for that. :)

The weather has been pretty chilly and wet this week, so the surprise really lifted my spirits. Not to mention the fact that although I arrived at work at 2 on Thursday, and by the time I talked to Casey around 5, I was really dragging. It was the first time I was actually out of bed and moving around a lot. I was only going about 2 mph the whole day, which didn't do much for my productivity. Oh well, at least I was there! And spending the previous 2 days in bed at least convinced me that I wouldn't be contagious. I'm not sneezing anymore, and hand sanitizer has become a big deal to all of us at the front desk. I guess you are bound to catch something when there are 150+ agents, along with their clients, children, and random others off the street that come in sometimes. On my last paycheck, there was a memo attached with the 'proper' way of conducting yourself while being sick. (Cough/sneeze into your elbow, wash your hands, don't come to work until at least 24 hours after your fever breaks, etc). The paycheck also came with a HUGE, industrial-sized vat of hand sanitizer for the office. It sits at the front desk, right next to the candy jar. LOL..

Casey has the day "off" today (meaning the BP site is shut down, and everyone is working from home) so it'll be nice to have him around. I'm sure Charley will feel the same way. As usual, I have a ton of things on my mind to get done today, especially since the rest of the week has been a waste in that department. My day off on Wednesday consisted of me laying in bed, and taking some pictures for my neighbor. That alone wore me out. But I have more energy right now (at 5:20 am) than I have all the rest of the week. I almost don't want to go back to sleep for fear that the motivation will go away... but I also don't want to wake Casey up on the one morning he can actually sleep in! Sleep always wins... who am I kidding? :)

I'm supposed to go to the neighbor's house tonight for Bunko. I've never played before, so it should be interesting. It will be nice to hang out with some ladies from the neighborhood, though. I will need to strengthen my support system around here because soon I'll be a stay at home mom like most of them! Should be fun... I'll update later.

I also need to take a belly picture... today marks 19 weeks! People are definitely noticing The Bump now. Even my sweatshirts aren't fitting correctly! I'm almost half-way done with this pregnancy. That just blows my mind to think, then type, then read again. Time is going so fast!! Where the heck did summer go, and how is it already October?!?!?! Pardon my moment of panic... but WOW do I have a lot to learn/do before this is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that's it for now. Going to head back to bed for awhile. Sometime this morning we will learn soon if Chicago will host the 2016 Olympics... we're up against some pretty amazing places, so I'm not going to hold my breath... and now that my nasal passages have unblocked themselves, I REALLY won't hold my breath! Lame, sorry... it's too early for me. I'll write again later. :)

-Ash

No comments: