Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stressin' about the Swine Flu

All this craze about the H1N1 vaccine is starting to get to me. I'm at the top of the priority list to get it, but finding one seems nearly impossible. I am willing to risk the crowds of people to stand in line and hope that I am able to get it, but what if they run out before I'm able to? Am I putting my baby's life at risk if I have to wait until mid November to get it? Since I work directly with a lot of people, and a lot of people come in to work even when they are sick, it makes me really nervous. So many people are sick right now... I really don't want to risk it.

The first clinic is scheduled to open this Wednesday at 3 pm, so I'm planning to go. The only problem right now is that people are saying that only the mist is available (which pregnant women aren't supposed to have), but they *may* have the shot available at that time. I guess all I can really do is try. Hopefully it won't be a big waste of time and energy... and hopefully it won't be a million people trying to do the same thing I am.

Ideally, my OBGYN would provide one for me, or make sure I'm on the list to get one, since pregnant women seem to be at the top of the priority list right now... but instead it seems to be completely up to chance. I just hope things go in my favor and I'm able to get the shot before anything bad happens!!!

Thanks for letting me stress...

-Ash

No comments: