Sunday, October 25, 2009

Early morning for me...

I'm awake right now but really wish I wasn't. Oh well, I will get used to this one of these days... :) Just wanted to update that my "mentor" at work had to have an emergency c-section yesterday, and that baby Dominick was born and is doing well! She was only at 34 weeks, so it was pretty scary, but it sounds like everything is going really well for she and the little guy. It is going to be strange not seeing her at work now! I don't know if she'll come back anytime soon, if at all. It's also strange because now I'll be the only pregnant Ashley at work (which is weird enough to write!). I am really glad that everything went well for them. We just had a baby shower for her at work last Tuesday, and not even a week later, she's a mom!! Crazy stuff!

Case and I did more crib hunting yesterday. We have finally narrowed it down to about 4 cribs. By this time next weekend, we plan to have picked one out and put it on order. Everyone is telling us that we're being smart doing it early, but after thinking about Ashlee's situation with Dominick, I have to think that earlier is better! You just never know when they might be ready to enter the world.

Speaking of kids, after we got done shopping last night, we came home and I tried to take pictures for class because the sun finally came out. While I was outside, Casey started raking the leaves in our front yard. Two of the neighbor kids came over, and by the time I got back to the house after wandering the neighborhood, I saw them both helping Case rake the leaves. This was short-lived because, as siblings tend to do, they started having a competition and throwing leaves at each other. At one point, one of them was sitting on top of the other, trying to shove leaves in the other's mouth. I think because I'm an only child, I couldn't fully understand the rivalry between them, but I almost felt like a referee at times. They were pretty intense! I was happy when their dad came over and broke it up. Not only that, but the boy (who has a bit of a reputation on the street for mistreating animals) kept throwing leaves at Charley and scaring him. I ended up having to yell at him twice because he wouldn't stop. I don't like trying to discipline kids I don't really know... it's awkward. I did take some mental notes, though. Definitely had a little chat with Peanut about it and we've decided that he/she would will not act that when they get old enough. I have also decided that those kids will never, ever dog-sit!

One more thing!!! We are going to be able to go to Columbia to visit in early December! I think we're booking our tickets today. I am donating at least half of my birthday money to the trip, because I don't think we'll be able to go back anytime soon if we don't do it now. To any Columbia folks actually reading this, we will be there from late Thursday, December 3rd, to early Sunday, December 6th. We plan to spend all day Friday at USC, trying to see as many people as possible, then Saturday we'll try to catch up with anyone we missed. It's going to be insane, and I'm already a little worn out thinking about it, but I am SUPER excited to go and I know it will be a blast! :-D

Anyway, I guess that's about all for now. It's 6 am and I have to get up in a few hours to get ready to go to work again. :( Oh well, more $ is always good.

Love,

Ash

No comments: