Saturday, October 10, 2009

Learning to read, and FONDUE!

Only two hours left at work before I get to go home and start my 1 day weekend. I never work Saturdays, but our weekend girl just celebrated her 21st birthday, so I felt I could make an exception. :) Saturdays aren't quite as boring as Sundays, mainly because I get a lot of phone calls and almost all of them are with problems... so it gives me something to do. Sometimes I feel like I'm a detective at work. Someone will call and say, "I just got a phone call from this number. Who called me?" Then I have to ask a series of questions to figure out which of the 150+ agents called them, and why. It normally ends with, "Oh, I think they left me a message, so I'll just check it." Okay... you would have saved yourself some time if you would have checked it first... but I digress.

Another common one is to schedule a showing for a property that's listed with our office. Nine times out of ten, the person just didn't read the showing instructions, so they call our office just to have us tell them they need to call somewhere else. The kicker is that they often get frustrated because they have to be directed to another number, but the fact of the matter is, again, that they could have saved themselves some time by READING. I know I am guilty of not reading things from time to time, but I'm trying to learn from the people that annoy me so I can change my ways. :)

In other, less complain-y news, Casey and I got to go out last night to celebrate Peanut's 20th week! He took me to a fondue restaurant called The Melting Pot, one of my favorite places to eat. We had a 4 course meal, and I almost literally had to be rolled out of there at the end. The best part was the dessert- a platter of things like fruit, brownies, pound cake, cheesecake, etc- that you dip in chocolate fondue. I have been thinking about it quite a bit today, it was DELICIOUS. I'm sorry to torture anyone that might be reading this... I am now torturing myself just from writing it. SOOOOO GOOD. Okay I'm done.

Well, I'm headed home in about 20 minutes so I should probably start shutting this place down. Just wanted to update while I had the chance. :)

-Ash

2 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Yum! We went to the Melting Pot on our honeymoon and then for our one-year anniversary, but I didn't want to go just to eat two bites this year. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!

Patriot said...

dang it! I just wrote like 5 paragraphs and since i didn't have a google account it didn't take!

Patriot = ur BFF Lindsey BTW. :)

well i'll just sum up quickly that i love your blog and will remember that you have it when i start wondering what you've been up to!

you are not only a great photographer, but a great writer too!

What is painting with light? That sounds cool.

Note to cute boys out there who support the NRA: i would love to go to the Melting Pot with you sometime! I've never been there and enough people already wonder about my relationship with Sara so i probably shouldn't take her.

Tell the CaseMan hello!

Love and miss you girl! Talk to you soon!