Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Waiting Game

I know I've been complaining a lot about trying to track down a swine flu vaccine lately, but now I have an even more urgent reason. One of the agents at work tested positive for it on Monday evening, but spent a lot of the day on Monday in our office. She came in even though she had a fever and everything. Then she sent out an e-mail yesterday (which a lot of people overlooked because it was titled "Open House") and casually mentioned that a homeowner asked her not to come to the open house she was holding because she was sick. Sooo... as word spread throughout the office, more and more people started either 1) freaking out about germs, or 2) mentioning that they didn't feel well, either. Another agent came up to the front desk, hacking and coughing, and started grabbing candy out of the candy dish, right in front of us. I probably offended her, but I told her I couldn't be around her at all if she is sick. I backed away and went to the work room. People seriously just need to realize that work can wait, and they should stay home if they're sick!! It's not that difficult! I know the economy sucks right now and everyone needs money, but just be smart about it and take a day or two off! I don't think anything is really life or death as far as real estate goes... although I could be wrong.

So now I have to sit and wait until I can get a vaccine. I would go to the clinic today, but all the latest information says that they still only have the nasal mist, which I am not allowed to take because I'm pregnant. My OBGYN isn't providing the shots, either. Not sure what to do. I guess all I can really do is wait, and be sure to wash my hands often and be cautious. They are leaving me with no choice!

Other than that, I'm trying to get some things accomplished around here. It's been slow so far. I'm planning to go to the local Farmer's Market today to get a few pumpkins to carve in the next few days. The farm closes for the season on Halloween, so I want to go support them! I can't believe we haven't decorated the house at all yet for Halloween. I would imagine that we'll do a lot more next year since Peanut will be around to celebrate. :) I really look forward to going to the pumpkin patch with Peanut & Casey... that will be so much fun! I also can't wait to dress he/she up in their first costume. I have always loved Halloween, so it will be even more fun with a kid around! :)

I guess I should get going now.. more later!

-Ash

No comments: