Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another quick weekend...

If you know me, you know that cleaning is never on my priority list. I have blogged about it numerous times, and will tell pretty much anyone without hesitation that I avoid it as much as possible. I think I may have found a cure, though.

Anger. Casey and I got into an argument this morning, and instead of pouting or shutting down, I found myself cleaning. Organizing. Moving things and cleaning behind them. Throwing things away that I don't need. And it wasn't the "I'm going to slam things around because I'm mad" kind of thing, either. It was actual, genuine, "the kitchen is a mess and I'm tired of looking at it" kind of clean. I moved into the dining room, and then the living room. I have found that I have gotten more done in the last 2.5 hours than I have in over a week. It felt good to get things done. I just wish I could hold on to that and use it to motivate myself again when I need to. Anyway, I am happy that I was productive today. Even if it took anger to get it done.

In other news, I played Bunco on Friday night for the first time, and had a LOT of fun! I didn't really win anything, but got to hang out with some fun ladies. Definitely got a ton of advice about being a Mom, though... lots of talk about breastfeeding, etc. It actually freaked me out at times because there were 11 women coming at me with a ton of advice and information, but I tried to filter out some of it and take notes on the rest. I met a woman who had the same doctor as I do, so it was nice to chat with her about what to expect from him. In all, Friday was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I went.

We took Charley to PetsMart to see 'his people' again last night. He as really whiny yesterday so we figured we would spoil him a bit and get him out of the house. The weather has been pretty gross this week, and with me being sick most of the time, he was getting pretty antsy. Anyway, we got him some treats, along with another sweater. This time it's black with a red and white argyle pattern. I haven't tried it on him yet, but I'm sure he'll look cute. :) I know, I am one of 'those people' now... but that's okay. I'll take pictures at some point. :)

I leave in a few hours to go to a coworker's baby shower. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good ideas for Peanut at the party. I have a decent list of what I think I need, but it's always good to check things out and do a little more research before making any big decisions, or so I have learned from my husband.

Ummmm.. what else. My car is acting up right now, which is awesome. I honestly can't even tell you what is going on with it. Case and I were leaving last night and the Check Engine light came on. It's something to do with the idle... or whatever. It runs okay, but we're not sure if it's something that needs to be replaced, or if it is an easier fix. I think Casey's going to look at it today while I'm at the baby shower. Always something with my car... then again, I could have taken better care of it. Hopefully it's nothing too bad!

I guess that's all for now. Time for me to get more laundry done. Yippee. :)

-Ash

No comments: