Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Duggar Disgust

The Duggar family is on their 19th child. This really disturbs me.
Seriously. I honestly do not think that anyone can have that many children and be a 'great parent'. I would love to be proven wrong! (Don't worry, that will not happen first hand... because I know that I could NOT be a great parent to that many children!! At least I am sane enough to realize that... and if I wasn't, I would have needed to start a LONG time ago to achieve that 'goal'.) I am worried enough about being a good parent to one child.
Their situation makes me think of so many things. For instance, you would think that someone out of the 19 would be the 'odd one out'. Someone has to be the weirdo. Who will be the first to get arrested? (Okay, that's horrible... sorry. Blame the baby hormones.) At first I wondered how that woman's uterus stays inside her body after all of that... then I heard she has C-sections. Still, apparently you are not supposed to have more than 3 or so of those. I mean... does her stomach look like a freak accident with Edward Scissorhands? I don't know. I am past the point of asking logical questions now. I have to think something is wrong with them if they keep having more and more and more and more kids. How do they support them all and stay "debt-free" (according to one article). The same article said she has been pregnant 147 months of her life. Oh. My. God. Insane!
And they say that they will have as many children "as God allows". Okay. I don't even know what to do with that one.
Bottom line, I think they are crazy. You should know when to say 'when'. Enough is enough. There are plenty more cliche phrases I could write, but I'll stop now. And they should, too!!!!

-Ashley

No comments: