Thursday, September 18, 2008

Road Trip with Charley Brown

Charley and I just got back from a 2.5 hour road trip. We checked out one (of the many) Petsmart stores and made some new friends there. A lady named Kathy helped us out quite a bit and mentioned a few places to go or Google to find the nearest dog park. We also went to a place called Doggie Deli and I got Charley some beef jerky. He's spoiled, I know. This day was dedicated to him, though- I just wanted to get him out so he might not be as clingy in the hotel. We'll see if that worked...

We drove over to the new house- it was a long drive, unfortunately... but I think there'll be plenty to do around our area once we move. I feel like we're a long way from the hotel, but in reality, we won't really have a need to be on this side of town after we move. Casey's commute to work will probably be the only thing bringing him this way. Anyway, I definitely took a picture of the SOLD sign in our yard! :-D I can't wait until October 1st!!! Charley and I drove around our new neighborhood and saw a bunch of little kids. I think it's going to be really good for him. He is listening better now than he ever has, which is reassuring. I think he'll be great around the kids... I just have to make sure he knows not to get too excited and lick them in the face. Knowing Charley, that'll probably be the first thing he does. Oh well! At least he's a friendly kid.

That's all for now. Casey called me a bit ago and said that he didn't get lunch because he was in a meeting at the time. I felt bad because I had just stopped to get Burger King right before he called. It wasn't much of a lunch, though. I told the kid that I didn't want pickles or onions, and that's all they gave me! I ended up eating meat and bread. Woo hoo. I'll probably be hungry by the time Casey gets home, but I hope he doesn't want the leftover pasta we've had since Sunday. I'm a bit pasta'd out at the moment.

I'll write more later!

-Ash

No comments: