Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ho-Hum in the Hotel

Man this hotel is boring. I slept a lot today. I hate to admit that, but it's my own fault. Charley slept on my side of the bed last night, and proceeded to have puppy dreams and kick me a lot. At one point I kicked him out of bed, but he ended up hopping right back up a bit later and laying on my legs. When I woke up earlier, they were completely numb. So, I took a nap earlier today to make up for the sleep I lost last night.
Charley and I have gotten to explore outside a few times today. The weather is beautiful- it's probably about 72 degrees right now, and I don't think there is a cloud in the sky. What a vast improvement from the past few days! There aren't many things to see around the hotel, but we checked out a field in the back (apparently it's some sort of dog run). Charley sniffed everything. We're close to a highway, so he jumped every time he heard an 18 wheeler go by. I thought that opening the curtains in our room would help him so he could see people coming in and out of the building. Instead, he's been whining and pacing around whenever he sees someone outside. He's probably waiting for Casey to get home, or he's just looking for some additional attention. Casey and I took him to PetsMart last night after Case got home from work. You'd think he'd never seen people or other dogs before! He was super excited. We got him some treats (including some Greenies so his breath will improve a bit... we hope!). There's nothing like the smell of dog breath in the morning! Hopefully he'll calm down a little bit. I'm sure things will improve when my car is here and I can take him out to parks, etc. I can't wait!
Casey seemed to really enjoy his first day of work yesterday. It's exciting for me to see him so enthusiastic about the project he's going to start on soon. The more he talked about it, the more I thought that any boss would be lucky to have him. I know I'm biased, but he's got such a strong desire to improve on things that may not be his strong suit, and make a difference on whatever he's doing- if I were an employer, I would definitely consider myself lucky if he was working for me. I look forward to hearing more about it today when he gets home.
We are getting the mortgage and insurance stuff figured out today. It sounds like things with the house are still on schedule to close on the 30th! I'm too excited- but it's hard to think about when I'm cooped up in this hotel room. It's only TUESDAY! Two more weeks... let's see if I make it without going crazy. :) It will help a LOT when I get the car back!
Casey has decided to join a local health club, so last night we went to check it out. This place is AMAZING! It made Strom Thurmond Wellness Center look tiny. It's got more weightlifting equipment than I've ever seen! We had a man name Justin take us around and show us everything. They've got the biggest rock-climbing wall in the Midwest, from what I understand. They have a gigantic pool, as well as a huge gym, and just about everything else you'd see in a place like that. They also have a spa and salon, which you don't normally see at fitness centers. I liked it a lot, but if you know me, you know my willpower doesn't really stick around long enough to continue a workout schedule. We will pay month-to-month, though, so if I decide that I can handle it, I'll get a membership, too. There is apparently another branch of this place that will be close to our new house, so I'll check out the classes over there and see what I can find.
Speaking of classes, I started looking into going back to school next semester. It's making my stomach do flips. I have had the desire to go back to school soon, but when I look at the classes and everything, it makes me nervous. I feel more motivated now than I ever have, but it still freaks me out a bit that I haven't been in a classroom in about 5 years now. I just don't want to lose the motivation like I have before (which is why I changed majors FOUR times!) Oh well... I'll let the idea sink in- I have time to check things out before I need to apply.
I guess that's about all for now. Casey should be home in the next 45 minutes, thank goodness! I'm getting antsy.
Thanks for reading... more later, of course.

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So, I'm guess that you can get online then? You should jump onto Gmail and I'll chat with you during the day when I'm at my desk. :) The rest of us: Patrick, Graham, Olivier, etc. are all on too! That or join the wonderful World of Warcraft. I'm sure P and O would be glad to set you up. ;) Hehe. I'm glad you're blogging! Love you!