Sunday, September 28, 2008

Testing...

Have I mentioned that I'm ready to get the heck out of this hotel? Here's what's happened in the last 24 hours...

  • Took Charley to the new PetsMart by our house. Good times had by most (Casey may not have had as much fun, since he had to be the one who was dragged around by Charley.) We met a lot of people and dogs, though, and got to take a tour of the Banfield clinic and the Pet Hotel. Cool stuff!
  • When we got back to the hotel, we started moving. If you need an update, we were told we'd have to move to the 2nd floor because next week there was going to be renovation on the first floor. We made several trips with all of our stuff, and of course we went from room 106 to room 230, so it was on the opposite wing of the building as well.
  • Get to the new room- everything is working okay, and we're unpacking a bit. Casey realizes that the internet isn't working.
  • Casey spends hours on the phone with tech support, trying to figure out what is going on with the computers. He moves one of the computers back down to room 106, and the internet works fine. He spends more time on the phone with tech support, but they finally say there's nothing they can do to help.
  • Today, we didn't do a whole lot. Casey wasn't feeling so great this morning when we went to breakfast, so we cut that short and came back home. We napped for a few hours, and he felt better. (I felt okay, I just thought I'd nap while he did.) :)
  • I go downstairs to start a few loads of laundry, and see the lady at the front desk named Kim. She asked me how the internet stuff went last night. I told her about Casey's issues, and she started investigating other rooms we could use on the 2nd floor for the internet. Then she mentioned that she's really not happy with the rest of the staff at the hotel, because they didn't pass the word on to us yesterday that we actually didn't have to switch rooms after all, because the renovations have been pushed back a week. So, Casey wasted an unknown amount of hours trying to get the internet fixed, when he could have used that time to make corrections to his dissertation. Not only that, but we wasted time moving to the new room.
  • Kim found us a room across the hall from our room on the 2nd floor and we're in here 'working' (Casey is, obviously I'm blogging away)... so we technically have two rooms right now. Kim took off the charges for our internet connections for our entire stay because it's been such a pain.
I am soooooooooooooooo ready to close on the house and get the heck out of this hotel!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I'll write more tomorrow, assuming I can get a decent internet connection. :-P

On a brighter note, we close on the house on Tuesday and my parents come in that night! It should be a much better week. On a random note, I think I'm addicted to House. (The TV show, not our real house. Yet.)

-Ashley

No comments: