Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I've missed you, Social Life!


Almost 37 weeks! Woo hoo!!

Today has been a good one, and I am happy to say that I actually got out of the house and had a social life for once!! This is so rare, but so needed right now! I dropped Case off at work this morning, came back home and slept for a bit, then woke up, went to get my hair cut, and went out to lunch with my former coworker Michelle. It was great to catch up with her and hear stories about work (but not be emotionally invested in them like I was a few months ago!).. sounds like not a lot has changed around there! After lunch we went back to the office, and I chatted up quite a few people for probably an hour or so. There were a lot more people there today than there were before I left in December, so it was nice to be able to see people I didn't get to say goodbye to previously. Most people were surprised at how much bigger I've gotten, then some people thought I was still really small and had a lot of time left. It's strange how people are so different in that respect. One person can say I'm tiny, and the next says I look like I'm 'going to explode'. (And if anyone thinks I will forget that comment after I'm done being pregnant, they are sorely mistaken!!) :-P I digress... Then again, a friend said that I should take a picture of me from the back, and it would probably make me feel better about myself if I was feeling big, since the baby is all in the front. Turns out, it really is!


So I officially packed my bag for the hospital this afternoon when I came home. I think there are only one or two things to throw in it now (I even have make-up and hair supplies packed!) which is way more organized than I tend to be. I just get the feeling I will need it sooner that later, and I hope I don't regret saying that and am still sitting here talking about it in 3 weeks or so... I would LOVE for the kid to come early! And since Friday makes 37 weeks, the baby will be considered 'full-term' at that point. Yippee!!! Bring on the 'Nut!

I spent this evening making breakfast for dinner with Casey (one of our favorite meals!) and then we watched Monday night's episodes of Heroes and House. Now he's working on our taxes, and I'm about to watch American Idol. Not sure what I would do right now without the internet or TV!!

Anyway, I'm a tad early on the 37 week pictures, but I got my hair done today and Casey liked it a lot, so he wanted to take a few pics. Apparently February is 'curl' month at the salon I go to, so my stylist had fun with it today. :) I'll be sure to update Friday after the doctor's appointment... hopefully everything will go well!



-Ash

No comments: