Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mount St. Keaton

Yesterday was pretty interesting in the Keaton department. He woke up every 3 hours, almost on the dot, ready to feed, etc. The day was going great! Then about mid day, I changed one diaper and Keaton decided to unleash and pee all over both the old and new diaper, his clean onesie, and the changing pad. So we changed again. Not even 30 minutes later, he was acting like he didn't feel well, and threw up for the first time. That scared the crap out of me! Luckily it was just once, but it was enough to make me really paranoid the rest of the day. I think both times these things have happened, I've screamed out, "Oh sweet Jesus!!" or something to that effect b/c I didn't know what to do. But we managed to get him cleaned up, calmed down, and into new clothes. One of my neighbors came with her 4 little girls to see Keaton for the first time. I really don't know how she does it, but she'd definitely Supermom and I will gladly take notes from her.

Baby K woke up at 1:45 to feed, but this time he was super hungry and didn't settle down or go back to sleep until 3. I would feed him, then he'd act sleepy so I'd get him swaddled and ready for bed again, then he would SCREAM bloody murder until I fed him again. His screaming got to the point where nothing would calm him down at all- he would barely stop wailing to eat. Not even the binky would work at this point. It is so frustrating to have him cry and scream that loud but not be able to help him all the time. I really hope this anger thing doesn't translate over when he gets older! Our kid has an attitude!!!

I went to change his diaper earlier this morning, and he christened the wall, his head, my arm, and the entire changing pad with urine. I am obviously doing something wrong. I attempted to cover him up while I was changing him last time, just in case, but it doesn't always work. He's so squirmy!! Yesterday he was covered on top by the old diaper while I was getting the new one ready, but he peed out the side of the old diaper onto the new diaper, and himself. How long until I get the hang of this stuff??

So I just woke up from a 1.5 hour power nap with Keaton, who laid on my chest while we slept. I love those naps! He is so peaceful. :)

I guess that's about it for now. Not sure what's happening today. Mom is in the kitchen baking up something yummy... I'm going to miss that. Next week will be a real test as to what I can do on my own. Mom has been nothing short of amazing this week... and last week. Heck, she's been here since the first false alarm, so I guess the past 3 weeks have been a spoil-fest for us! Time flies.

I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully today will go better and the little guy will be less upset! ;-/

-Ash

No comments: