Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Ma'am, do you need a wheelchair?"

Yesterday, Casey and I attended our last prep class before the baby arrives. It was called Baby PLUS, and we attempted to cram a ton of information in our brains over 6 hours... hopefully some of it will stick! We learned all kinds of things, including car seat installation, infant CPR, bathing techniques, swaddling/calming techniques, and even had a quiz about what the different bowel movements meant! LOL... overall, it was a very informative class. We got to sit next to a couple that was in our Prepared Childbirth class, so it was fun catching up with them. The wife's name is Danielle and she's due 4 days before Peanut. We ate lunch with she and her husband Justin. Turns out they live fairly close to us, and we are hopefully going to catch up on Facebook and meet up after the babies are born. They are having a little boy. :)

Of course we were hoping that Peanut would decide to show up yesterday, since we were already at the hospital. I guess he or she had second thoughts about that, though. It was good to be there again, and get to know a bit more about where things are around there since we will be back soon. The cafeteria was pretty good- Case enjoyed his spicy Angus burger for lunch yesterday, and I had some pretty decent chicken strips. I wonder what kinds of food I'll get to eat when I'm there... I know they can be pretty picky about that sort of thing depending on what stage of labor, etc. you are in.

Speaking of labor... when Case and I were done with class and were heading down to the car, I discovered that I really had to go to the bathroom before we left, so I was quickly waddling toward the direction of the bathroom when I heard this little old man say, "Ma'am, do you need a wheelchair?"... it was then that I realized that Casey and I were briskly walking in the direction of the labor/delivery area by coincidence... LOL... so I had to yell back to the guy, "I'm actually not in labor right now, but thanks for the offer!" LOL... if I wouldn't have been so far along in my pregnancy, I may have been offended, but I actually cracked up all the way to the bathroom. The guy was just trying to help! LOL.......

I guess that's about it for now. Actually, it's not. I'm trying to figure out if I'm having contractions or not. They've happened on and off since last night, but they're not very consistent yet. So, I figure I'm not, but I'm doing some research just in case. That would happen, though- I would go into labor today, 2 days before Mom is supposed to arrive, and a day after I had been at the hospital already (for class). Haha... I wouldn't put it past our kid to make that decision late, if it's like me. I hope he/she is more like Casey in that respect. Anyway, we'll see! Something's definitely happening, but like everything else in this process, I know that it can happen for days at a time, so I'm trying not to panic. Yet.

More later!!

-Ash

1 comment:

Chimpsea said...

Aaaaah it's a cliffhanger! Now I'm left wondering if you ARE in labor and Peanut might come soon!