Friday, February 19, 2010

One week old. :)

My little hungry bundle is just chillin' in my lap right now, drunk off (non-formula!) milk and swaddled away. We had a rough couple of nights recently as he's been cluster feeding and up every 45 minutes to an hour, claiming to be hungry. (PS, he just passed a TON of gas... or maybe more... not really looking forward to the next diaper change!!! Whoa!!!) LOL... sorry, I was distracted. Anyway, today we have a follow-up meeting with the Lactation Consultant at the hospital. I am happy to report that we've totally been off formula now for at least 36 hours... I think... and he's only had a bottle 3-4 times. Progress?? I sure hope so.

Keaton is going to have such a cute little smile. Right now I only see it because of gas bubbles, but soon he'll hopefully be smiling and cooing instead of squirming and crying. The kid really doesn't like having his diaper changed. Or his clothes changed. You'd think I'm hurting him from the way he squeals! I have been calling him Squeaky Pete or Tea Kettle b/c every time he gets really upset, he lets out this high pitched squeak that almost always makes me laugh! We make noises back and forth to each other whenever he's on the changing table. I also call him Baby Bird, because that's exactly how he looks to me when he's screaming and crying with his mouth wide open. I rarely call him Peanut, go figure! But his nicknames are definitely becoming more abundant as the days go on.

Strange to think that this time a week ago, I was less than an hour away from meeting Keaton for the first time. Right about now I was probably pushing to the point where my lips would go numb. I'm happy to report that I can actually walk around now like a normal human being. After all that pushing, I'm surprised the hospital didn't give me a donut to sit on. OUCH!! Things are getting back to 'normal' now. It's just so weird to think that I would be 39 weeks pregnant today if everything wouldn't have happened the way it did. He had dropped so much in the time between Superbowl Sunday and Friday, though, that there's no way I would have lasted much longer. To those ladies out there who are still waiting on their little ones to arrive, I want to encourage you... it is going to happen soon, and I know waiting is the hardest part (okay labor is technically the hardest part, I won't lie) but it will be totally worth it!!! And when it's over, you will probably think a lot of things. You may miss being pregnant and feeling the baby move around inside you. (I miss that, and the hiccups!) But you'll also soon get to enjoy the feeling of not having to waddle everywhere you go... of being able to tie your shoes again... or being able to eat some of the foods you missed and being able to ride in the car without being in complete pain. Little things you forgot about will come back to you soon, and you'll be like, "Oh my gosh!! I can get out of the bath tub without needing needing help from the Jaws of Life!!" Woo hoo!! To all those ladies, I am thinking of you, and I hope everything goes well, soon!

Gotta get around now! I'll try to blog again soon!

-Ash

1 comment:

Lilli O said...

sI cant believe its been a week! Congrats again! Hope things just keep getting better.
Oh and I hear ya on that last paragraph...thanks for the encouragement! :)