Monday, March 21, 2011

Update on Mr. K

Keaton and I just got back from the Pediatrician. They think he has a virus- there are a lot going around- and it should run its course in the next day or so. We are supposed to come back if his fever isn't gone by mid-week. I'm glad we went, just so I could be certain it wasn't an ear infection or any other nasty thing. He didn't even have a fever when we went- isn't that always the case? Kids feel better when they go in for a sick visit, and the parents look paranoid. Well, I'd rather be paranoid (and I fully admit that I am!) than find out that he got worse because we didn't take him to get checked. I think it's $20 well spent for a copay, darn it.

Not much else is going on around here. Mr. K is napping (thank goodness.. he really needed it!) and I just got done eating lunch. I have plenty to do around this place, although it could look a lot worse.

I canceled my second photo session tonight at the salon since Keaton is sick, so hopefully I'll be able to do it one night this week instead. I just don't want to leave the house if he's not feeling well- he seems to prefer being in my arms when he doesn't feel well. I think I prefer it, too, because then I know how he's doing all the time and don't have to keep going in to check on him or staring at the video monitor. Casey has his own things going on with the computer he's building and various things that aren't working, so I would rather focus my attention on Keaton and let Case figure out what's going on with his stuff. I know he will be much more relaxed and happy when that all gets worked out. And I will be when Keaton feels better and we can get a decent night sleep again. Last night was not one of those times! He was awake at least once an hour, so I finally brought him out on the couch with me around 1:30 and finally got him to settle down around 2 or a little later. He moans and groans when he has a fever, and between that and the coughing, he didn't get much sleep at all. I propped him up next  to me and  I think we got about 2.5-3 hours of sleep before he woke up again at 5:45. No fun for anyone in the Hetrick household.

In other news, KU beat Illinois last night so we are headed to the Sweet 16! That made the night a little better, for me at least. We play again at the end of the week. I can't help but get a bit nervous/anxious during this time of year; every game makes my blood pressure rise. I just want to see another Championship game and not have to hear about how the team 'chokes' in the early rounds. Some people on Facebook can be pretty harsh (not you, Chelsea!) and it takes all my energy not to say something to them or block them completely when they start the trash talk... but I normally stay out of it and just fume in silence. I get tired of hearing how KU fans are not classy and how we throw things in other teams faces. I think everyone does it the same- KU fans are no exception. Anyway, I am glad the team pulled through last night, with an amazing performance by the Morris twins! They were pretty spectacular.

I should go be productive now. More later!

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Get better, Keaton!