Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Brain Drain

My mind right now is a mess of random thoughts. I mean, more random than normal, if that is possible.
  • Keaton now says the word fish. It sounds more like "Isthhh" but it is still cute and noteworthy. He will not do it on demand right now for anyone but me, but I promise to try to get it on video somehow. 
  • I love Wednesdays. Keaton swims, and normally naps for well over an hour afterward. Except today. After swimming was over (at 11:30) he stayed awake until 2:30. I think we may be down to one big nap a day now. I'm a little bit sad about this because I love my naps. I am more sad because that means my little guy is growing up. I suppose I got the memo about this awhile back, but I am holding onto the idea that he's still a little baby and it's hard to let that go. It's also hard to hold onto that when he's cruising on everything and becoming so independent. I could probably do an entry just about this, but I will keep short. For now.
  • Keaton listened to the birds chirping outside this morning and tried to imitate them. Sometimes I wish there could be a documentary crew around so I could be sure not to miss anything. I try to give Casey a rundown when he comes home at night, but it's just not the same. 
  • For the second day in a row, Keaton took his pants off while he was supposed to be napping. I can't help but laugh. I do realize that next he will figure out how to take his diaper off, which will mean future messes and probable streaking around the house. Crazy times ahead, people. LOL...
  • There are too many talented people on Idol this year. I predict a girl will win this time... just not sure which one yet. I think Lauren will go far... only time will tell, though!
  • It was almost 40 degrees today, so we went on a family walk around the block this evening. We had to thaw out after we got back, but it was fun to get out again. I can't wait for Spring!!!
  • Charlie Sheen is a d-bag, and needs to stop talking. What a train wreck. I sincerely hope he gets help before he does something more idiotic than he already has... he's obviously done enough drugs to completely fry his brain.
Speaking of brains, it's time to let mine rest a bit. Until next time...

-Ash

No comments: