Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthdays, Phones, and Milestones.

Showing his belly button

Wow... it's been awhile. Keaton is going through a phase right now (at least I hope it's a phase...) where he takes over an hour to settle down and take a nap. Lately whenever I finally get him down for one, I am exhausted myself, so instead of blogging or doing other things, I nap, too. This morning I decided that I would have a cup of coffee (Eight O'Clock Hazelnut rocks my world!!) and so far it's making me much more productive than normal. I already have one load of laundry done and two put away, and the dishwasher is done running and ready to be unloaded. I have a ton of cleaning and picking up to do, but I figure that can wait... until when, I'm not sure. I need to hire an assistant. For real.

In other news, I guess it's been almost a week since I wrote last, so I'll try to remember what's happened since then. Sprint happened... a lot. I went to the Sprint store too many times in the last week. In that time, I got to upgrade my phone old phone to a new one (the Samsung Intercept), went back in to try and get the pictures from my old one (with no luck, unfortunately... they wouldn't transfer to the new one so they are gone). Then I went back in a few days later because my new phone was freezing and I decided to exchange it for a new one (the LG Optimus). After that, Keaton and I went back again so Casey could upgrade his phone. I have been there so often, I think I know all of the employees by name. I really hope I don't have to go back anytime soon, because it takes sooooo freaking long every time we go! Glad to have a new phone, though... it's a little addictive and I have to try and control myself in how much I use it to surf the internet or check my e-mail. :)

In other tech-ish news, we decided to get a video monitor for Keaton's room so we could keep an eye on him since he's cruising so much right now. It is nice to be able to see what he's doing without having to guess what each noise is. I watched him for almost 30 minutes this morning as he walked around and around his crib. Some days are better than others, but the last few have been tough. I went to a birthday party Saturday night, and it took Casey almost 45 minutes to get Keaton to settle down and go to sleep, even though he was exhausted. It's like his little legs just want to keep going and he can't make them stop. Lord, please let this be a stage!!

The last 3 weekends in a row have been spent going to first birthday parties... first Keaton's, then our friend Blaine's, and this weekend it was Nolan's turn. All the boys are so close together in age that we had to coordinate when we were having the parties because we didn't want any to overlap. I can't believe Keaton (and all his buddies) are ONE now. We had to miss out on our friend Lucas' party this past weekend because of Nolan's. What a good month to be born, apparently! Our little guys are growing up.

Speaking of that, here are a few more milestones that Mr. K has reached lately:
  •  He can say "owl" but only does it when he wants to (it sounds like "ow" so I was confused for awhile and thought he was in pain. Haha!) He can also point to the owl picture for the "O" on his alphabet toy.
  • He likes to share... he'll hand us toys when he's playing, and tries to share his food with me while he's eating. He thinks it's pretty hilarious to try and put food in my mouth, and one day spent 3 straight minutes intentionally dropping the food before it got to my mouth because it made us both laugh. He's such a goofball!
  • He can throw and kick a little bit now- he loves to try and lift his foot to kick a ball, and gets really excited when he actually makes contact! 
  • He points to his belly button now instead of being obsessed with mine. Yay! (See picture above.)
I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting, but I wanted to be sure to update a bit so I don't forget. Once again, I still have a few pictures left on the 30 Day Photo Challenge... which has turned out to be the 45 or 50 Day Challenge at this point... but I WILL finish soon! For now, I'm going to relax a bit while the kid is asleep so I can have energy for our lunch date with my friend Michelle. More later!

-Ash

No comments: