Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Shadow

Day 22: A photo that you associate a good memory with...

Crazy Hair 


In Creative Writing class in high school, we were asked to write a story about our shadow. At the time, I associated it with being the opposite of who I was, but I realize over the years that was not what the assignment was about. It was more about who you would be if you didn't hold yourself back. Your shadow is the person you wish you could be, if there were no rules... no 'social norm', even. 

I think about My Shadow now and then after taking that class. She would have done cartwheels up and down the aisle of the plane on the way to Japan when the movie function broke and there was nothing to do for 12 hours. She would sing at the top of her lungs and not care who is listening. She would be more gutsy- honk the horn when someone cuts her off... tell someone they were being rude instead of keeping her mouth shut. She would take charge and not worry as much about what people thought or if it would upset someone. That person is who I wish I could be, but never allow myself to for fear of losing friends, making enemies, or being a bitch. 

My shadow is the girl in the picture, dancing her butt off and not worrying about what other people are thinking. I hope to be like her again some day.

-Ash

No comments: