Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who ticked off Mother Nature?

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 16: A photo from my childhood

Little Me

That's me! I think it was at age 2...? I always wonder if Keaton will get curly hair like I had. I also think those were meant to be ankle socks instead of knee socks. :)

-----


We survived "Snowpocalypse 2011". It was, in a word, insane. It sounded like the roof was going to blow off. It looks like we got a total of 19 inches over the 2-day period. It was tough to tell because the snow drifts were all over the place and were all different heights, but I think if I stepped off the back porch, I might not be found for awhile.

Our amazing neighbors helped clear our driveway. It was kind of neat to see everyone come outside and help each other dig out. You could hear the buzz of snow blowers (something we need to invest in for sure now!) and the scraping of shovels up and down the street. It was also nice to finally see neighbors again- we all hermit in our houses during the winter. Can you blame us, though? It's fricking cold here. I miss South Carolina. PS: I just saw on the weather that we are supposed to get snow for 4 days straight starting this weekend. Get me the hell out of here.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the crazy weather had an effect on Keaton, too. He seemed more active than normal, and even woke up at 3 this morning and would not go back to sleep for over an hour. He's so much more active now, in fact, that we had to lower his crib again today because we were worried that he might tumble out if he got too overzealous. It's become much more difficult to get him to go to sleep now that he knows he can move around. He pulls himself up on everything, and cruises around furniture like it's nothing. I am not going to lie; this sudden burst of activity is really wearing me out, both mentally and physically. Mentally because I am not really prepared for it, and physically because he uses me as a human jungle gym. I got pretty overwhelmed at one point today because he was all over the place, and I couldn't keep up. Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to handle the next stage when he starts walking. Some people say it will get easier, because they will become more independent. If that's the case, I think I do look forward to that, but I think I also am mourning the 'loss' of my little baby boy. I just can't believe how much he's changed in the last few weeks. He does so many things each day that I tend to blog more frequently so I don't forget any of them, and I know I already have! My little guy is growing up... I guess that's just what they do.

Well, I should probably get to sleep now since Casey has to go back to work tomorrow, and I'll need all the energy I can get with my little cruiser! Glad we made it through the 'Blizzard of 2011'... I hope that is the first and last one I ever see.

Love,

Ash

No comments: