Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mi Madre

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 15: A photo of you and a family member:

wedding day- mom

Mom and I, May 24th, 2003

It seems appropriate that this category happens to fall on this day, because my Mom has been on my mind a lot the last 24 hours. She went in this morning to have cataract surgery, and I am happy to report that the surgery went well and she's back home with Dad now. She has to go back tomorrow to get her eye checked, and I'm not sure how that will happen with the weather the way it is, so hopefully everything will work out fine and she and Dad will travel safely. Of course I worry because I'm so far away, but glad that she called this morning to let me know everything was fine. She sounded chipper, too, so that helps my nerves. I can't imagine what hers were like this morning, having to travel in the nasty weather to have surgery... I would probably be on edge, too.

On that note, I haven't heard from my husband yet, so I'm anxiously awaiting his phone call or text to let me know when he's coming home today. I hope they let him leave early- the storm is supposed to pick up here around 3, so I really hope he makes it out before then. The wind is pretty ridiculous here right now, but it's not snowing very much. We are supposed to have 'thunder snow' today... I always thought that was strange, but then this weather is pretty crazy anyway. Not excited... not excited at all.

Happier note: Keaton likes to play this new game with us... it's his own version of "Marco/Polo" but he says "Hey!". He says it, then we say it, then he says it, and so on. It's pretty funny- he gets really into it now! We had to play it yesterday at Walmart... and in the car... and during his diaper change... lol. He's really a funny little guy. This morning he was also playing with his little piano toy that has a microphone, and he started singing into it again (there is an older video on Flickr). He started bouncing up and down on the bed to the beat of the song, too. He loves music!!

Well, now I play the waiting game.. waiting for Case to come home (or call), waiting for the crazy storm to arrive, waiting for all hell to break loose, or whatever. Hopefully we just get to enjoy time at home with each other, and stay nice, safe, and warm inside the house. More later...

-Ash

No comments: