Saturday, February 19, 2011

1 Year Appointment

30 Day Photo Challenge: A photo of your favorite subject in school:

Is it possible that I can say 'Photography' for the 4th or 5th time during this challenge? Broken record. I'll at least post a different pic this time...
Reflection

Keaton did well at his 1 year appointment yesterday, in spite of getting 4 shots... he even showed off for the Dr. by crawling over to him and begging to be picked up! He is 29 inches now (1 more inch to go until he's half my height!), and actually 'lost' some weight (which seems weird, but they were judging by his weight in December when I took him in for a sick visit and they weighed him with his clothes on). He's stretched out quite a bit with all this crawling and cruising, so I'm not totally shocked by this, and I won't be worried unless it doesn't change.

Last night my boys took me out for a nice dinner at one of our favorite sushi restaurants. Keaton showed off yet again by eating an entire dumpling by himself, and allowing Casey to feed him with chopsticks! Weird, but he really liked the 'gyoza' and enjoyed a different feeding method. It was a nice date night with my boys- we even dressed up for the occasion! We were out later than we had intended to be, and Keaton didn't get to bed until almost 8, so I was surprised when he woke up this morning at 5:30 and did not go back to sleep until almost 9:15! He's currently on a 1.5 hour nap, and counting. I'm so glad he's started sleeping longer recently. Now I just have to get my ass in gear and get something accomplished while he's doing it.

In other news, it looks like I might get a new phone today. Casey and I went to the Sprint store and checked out our options. My phone is a piece of... you know what... and I am excited to upgrade and get something decent that has a GPS and internet access! Now I just have to figure out which phone is right for me... they are all so big and bulky that I don't want to feel like I'm carrying around a small laptop. We'll see what happens today, but I'm thankful that Casey has been so helpful in the process. I think he realized that I get myself lost often enough and our GPS is so out of date that this might be the solution.

Well, little man is waking up so time for me to go. More later!

-Ash

No comments: