Monday, April 11, 2011

I Love You, Caffeinated Beverage.

This one was strongly encouraged by Dr. Casey Hetrick... we always talked about what a fun picture it would be but I never got the camera out to actually take it... until Sunday. Thanks babe!!
I am a rarely motivated person, but it is amazing what a Medium Caramel Frappe from McDonald's will do.

After grabbing that glorious drink and a few chicken nuggets to share with Keaton (the nuggets, not the coffee), he and I met up with some friends in Naperville this morning for an event called "The Wonderful World of Wheels" put on by the Naperville Park District. It was a parking lot full of different types of vehicles- police cars, fire trucks, trolleys, moving vans, etc., all open for kids to sit in and walk through to their hearts desire. Oh, and they could also honk the horns or turn on the sirens. Needless to say, it gave our eardrums a bit of a wake-up call. Some kids could tolerate the noise, but just about every other kid that was there had their hands over their ears. And I don't blame them... yikes. In general, I think Keaton had a good time, but I didn't really feel like standing in a long line to see everything, so we didn't stay long. I also slacked on taking pictures because that is difficult now that he wants to walk everywhere... life has certainly changed now that he's mobile.

Speaking of life-changing events, my Mom had her gallbladder taken out this morning. The surgery went well, and quick- it took about 20 minutes. She is already home recovering now. The poor lady has been through so much the last few years, but I think now she is on the mend... both her cataract surgeries went well (she can now see 20/20 in both eyes!) and if she takes it easy, she should recover nicely from this surgery, too. I hope her body decides to give her a break now and that she doesn't have to have any additional surgeries... EVER. She is so tired of going to the hospital, seeing all kinds of doctors, taking a ridiculous number of medications... she really does need a break from all this. I really don't know how she keeps all her doctors appointments and medicines straight. That is one tough lady, though, and I know she will get through it all... she just has to try not to drive herself crazy having to stay in bed for awhile. Even Superwoman had to rest sometimes, you know?

Other than that, I have managed to throw dinner in the crock pot (sweet and sour pork), clean up the kitchen and dining room, and start some laundry. Thanks again, Caramel Frappe- don't know what I would do without you! (Probably a whole lot of nothing.)

Love,

Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My mom had her gallbladder out last year too. She recovered well so I hope your mom can do the same. Thinking of you guys! <3