Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day gift

My unborn boys gave me a great gift today... they did everything they were supposed to during my appointment with MFM this morning, so no trip to Labor and Delivery, no talk of anything scary... in fact, there was more talk about setting a date for induction (probably between 37-38 weeks as long as the growth scan next week goes well) and the graduation up to modified bed rest. Which, in reality, is basically what I'm on anyway, but it's official since the doctor said it. Sooooo... we now continue to your regularly scheduled programming.

What does that mean? I get to go out to dinner with Casey tonight. I get to move more to get my muscles ready for the big day. Baby B is still breech, but there's a chance he could still flip, and it doesn't 100% guarantee a c-section since they could flip him after A comes out, if we do natural delivery. It also means that we will see the boys in the next three weeks. Holy crap. :) I think I'm ready, though.

I am so happy today. I really hope that everything continues to go well- it's been such a roller coaster so far, I am almost high from the appointment this morning. We beat the odds. There is still uncertainty ahead, but it looks like the boys should not need much NICU time as long as everything goes well during delivery. I'm still scared of the actual labor part and what all will happen with that, but I know it's coming soon. I've made it through other crazy things so far, I think we can handle it. How will this end??? I'm excited to find out. :)

Well, that's about all for now. I'm looking forward to some sushi this evening, and spending time with Casey. Keaton and Mom are going to make heart cupcakes and eat pizza. :)

More soon!

-Ash

No comments: