Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reproduction and Productivity

So 3 ladies I know have given birth in the last 24 hours, which is pretty amazing. My roommate from KSU, Chelsea, just had an adorable baby girl *(I knew it was going to be a girl!!) this morning. My friend Tressa, also from KSU, had a baby girl, but through all my Facebook stalking today I can't find out details or see any pictures. Finally, my friend Haley from high school had a baby boy this morning. I think at one point I knew 20 different women who were pregnant, and now babies are joining the world left and right! Such an awesome time. :-D

My little guy is passed out in the travel crib in the living room. He's sleeping well and I'm going to regret not doing the same right now. But as usual, I find other things that need to be done.

One thing I'm struggling with so far is actually feeling like I'm accomplishing anything around here. People keep telling me to take it easy, but when Casey gets home and the house is a mess, there's laundry to be done, the sink is full of dishes, etc., I can't help but feel like I need to push myself to do more. He works hard enough at work, and shouldn't have to come home to a trashy house. At the same time, getting things done with a newborn around is tough. I know it will get easier, I just have low moments (like today) when I really start feeling like I'm not getting any better at this. I completely spaced out earlier and was supposed to put a roast in the crock pot this morning. Realized this at 1:00 pm today. So I thawed the roast out in the microwave, hoping to buy myself some time. It is easy enough to throw things in a crock pot so dinner can be ready tonight. It is another thing entirely to remember to do so. CRAP. I hope I didn't ruin it, or that it will be finished and we won't have to eat at 9 pm. Not cool. I need to make a constant list right now or I won't even remember to change my clothes or brush my teeth.

Blogging has always been sort of therapeutic for me, which is why I'm doing it now instead of getting things done around the house, as I just complained about. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I feel like I need to write this out before I can be productive around here. Consider it a self pep talk. I dunno. I just know that I'm glad that days like this are few and far between right now. I also know that if I'm a little sad/depressed today, it's only temporary. This hormone thing is annoying!! So I'm going to stop writing and get back to being productive... hopefully that will make me feel better about the situation.

The Keaton alarm is going off now, so I guess the timing was right. Time to go see about feeding a kid!

-Ash

PS: Definitely forgot one of the cardinal rules of diapering a little boy this morning. I forgot to make sure his boy parts were pushed DOWN when I fastened his diaper, and while he was laying on my chest during tummy time, I suddenly felt warm and wet on my stomach. Oops. Yeah... lesson learned!

No comments: