Monday, March 1, 2010

Sleepy Keat

Our little Gas Man had his 2 week appointment today, and did great! We weren't big fans of the pediatrician we saw today, but luckily there are plenty more in the practice so we might not always be stuck with her. She was a bit set in her ways and said a few things Casey and I didn't agree with... we also felt like she was talking at us and not with us, which was annoying. When I asked her what could be causing Keaton's gas pains, etc., she simply said, "It's probably your diet" and left it at that. Okay, thanks for the info! What should I be doing differently, lady? I've eaten a more balanced diet the past 3 weeks than I have in a loooooong time! So yeah... no clue. She basically told us things we could have found out on the internet... so yeah. Not the most impressive time with her.

Keaton's doing great, though! He's gained quite a bit of weight since we saw them last, and now weighs 7 lbs 8 oz! I knew the kid was eating well, so it's nice to have proof! He is also not jaundice anymore, which was great to hear. Looks like he was blessed with pigment in his skin, thanks to his Daddy! I would feel bad if he were pale like me. :)

99% of his umbilical cord fell off on Saturday night. Since there's still a little left, the doc put some zinc oxide on it to try and dry the rest up. She also yelled at us for not putting enough clothes on Keaton... yikes. He hadn't acted cold so we didn't think much of it. It's so embarrassing when people correct us on things like that... like the other day when we went to Babies R Us and the lady corrected us because we set up the stroller wrong. I realize there are things I wouldn't have known to do, since I've never had a kid before, but it's still really embarrassing. Oh well, lessons learned.

Keaton didn't have the best night last night, and I predicted it... He has his days and nights flipped, so he slept most of the day, and then right when I put him down for bed, he screamed his head off... off and on until 2 am. So I got about 4 hours of sleep last night after he finally settled down, only because Casey took over early this morning. He may be going through another growth spurt right now, who knows. All I know is I should definitely be sleeping now while he is, and I'm sure I'm going to regret that later! Not sure where this day has gone, but it's already 3 pm. Yikes. I probably have another late night head of me so I'm going to go sleep for a bit, if Keaton will allow it. :)

Love,

Ash

No comments: