Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guessing Game

Something very interesting happened last night. Keaton only ate a tiny bit of food while sitting in his high chair and ended up falling asleep in it. He continued to sleep (in his crib) for 4 hours afterward. We woke him up at 10 so we could change his clothes and diaper, then he slept another 4 hours. He had a low-grade fever around 9:30 this morning, so I think he wasn't feeling well and it's carried over to today. I really can't tell if it's teething or if it's something more... hopefully both will get better in the very near future. It's tough having a 'sick' kid... or just an abnormally fussy one.

Not much is going on other than that. Casey's busy working on building a new computer (or upgrading our old one... he has yet to decide) and has spent quite a bit of time researching said computer, which I know makes him happy and probably relaxes him a bit. It's good that he has something like that to think about other than work. The guy wakes up around 4 every weekday to go in to work, and while he's trying to get home earlier so he can see Keaton before bedtime, sometimes he's not able to leave when he wants and I can tell he is disappointed when he comes home and Keaton's already getting tired.

This is another reason why I'm glad I am not going to work anymore after this month (even if it's only 2 days) so I can really spend some quality time with the boys. September 20th is my last day. I basically thought December was my last month there last year when I was about to have Keaton, so I've already said my goodbyes one time, and I'm not feeling the sadness that I felt back then. This feels like the right thing to do. Now I just have to figure out what my next step is. School? We'll see. I still have a desire to go, but I'm not ready yet to have someone watch Mr. K while I'm in class. I'm sure I'll figure it out one of these days.

Speaking of Mr. K, he just woke up from another nap, so I'm going to tend to him and hope he's feeling better. Poor guy. I hate teething!!!!

-Ash

No comments: