Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

It's amazing how many times a day I think about blogging, or something that might be noteworthy to blog about. I just sat here for a good minute trying to think of something to write, because all the good stuff slipped out of my mind. Let's see where this one goes.

My parents are driving in from Kansas tomorrow to stay for almost a week. I am so excited for them to spend time with Keaton now that he's doing so much more... he gets more fun all the time. Yes, even when he's spitting peas at me (he decided he doesn't like them now) and fussy for one reason or another. *Oh, I just remembered one thing. If you use T9 Word mode while texting, the word 'fussy' can come out as 'furry'. I almost sent a text that said, "Keaton is super furry today!" Thank goodness for proofreading... he's too young to be furry. :)

Yesterday Casey had the day off, so we took Keaton to a farmer's market near our house and got some fresh fruits and veggies. We plan to go back when my parents get to town... I'm pretty excited about the home cooking in the week ahead! Anyway, after that we went to the mall and walked around for a bit. Keaton did really well and enjoyed people watching. He is a very observant little kid. He was flirting bigtime with a cute little Asian girl at JCPenney's... she sure didn't know how to react to a little baby smiling and cooing at her, but I thought it was pretty adorable. That said, we could be in some serious trouble when Keaton goes to high school if he keeps this up... he bats his eyes and everything. I apparently used to do the same thing when I was a kid, so he'll surely grow out of it... we'll see. :)

While at the mall, Casey and I stopped by Gymboree and ended up buying him quite a few things because he's now in 9 month clothes! We thought the pajamas we bought would be too big, but when I put them on him tonight... they MAY last through to Halloween, but I doubt it. I have a big pile of things that I have to put in storage now because he's outgrown almost all of his 3-6 month clothes. With the weather cooling off around here, he has a limited amount of pants, and virtually no long sleeved shirts. We ended up finding some really cute things yesterday (including an outfit that has a raccoon on the front that says "It wasn't me"... too cute). Pictures to follow, of course.

Well, it's almost time for bed, and I've got laundry all over the bed which will make sleeping a little difficult. That all for now....

-Ash

1 comment:

Lilli O said...

gotta watch out for those little asian girls!