Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Little Big Man

Hellooooo September!! There is so much to do this month!! I can't believe it will be Fall soon and the leaves will start changing... time to start stocking up on bigger, warmer clothes for Mr. K. He has almost totally outgrown all of his 3-6 month stuff now and even fits into his 9 month PJs already. Yikes! I think I've said this at least once a month, but where is the time going?! He'll be 7 months old in less than 2 weeks!

Casey and I took Keaton on a walk last night to the park close to our house. We blew bubbles, and Keaton got to sit in the baby swing for the first time by himself. He loved it! He giggled a lot and enjoyed the breeze on his face. He also enjoyed watching the older kids playing basketball and riding bikes and skateboards. He's continuously amazed by older kids and likes to observe them whenever he can. Especially the girls, of course.

I took him in to work today so I could pick up my paycheck and give my 4 week notice. I just can't do it anymore. I want to spend time with my boys and find myself thinking about them all the time I'm at work. Even if it was only 2 days a month, it was a good run, and I'm happy for the opportunity they gave me to come back. There are a lot of good people there and I will miss them, but I know I'll see them again. And with that, a big weight is lifted off my shoulders.

Time to go play with Keat, who just woke up from a nice nap in his crib for the second time this week. :)

-Ash

3 comments:

Chimpsea said...

I love it Ashley! Good job for following your heart.

Does K just fit in the baby swing? I've been wanting to take Evelyn but I didn't know if she'd fit in them yet. I guess I could roll up a blanket or something with her. Now I'm determined to try it!

Lilli O said...

I'm all about doin what's best for your family. My work wasn't going to be too flexible with me being gone if Mackenzie was sick or if the daycare was closed around holidays and I just didn't want to barely work enough to make a little money and be stressed. Glad you got that lifted off your shoulders! Hope you enjoy that extra day with your boys!

Ashley said...

Thanks ladies! I am thankful as always for your support. :-D

Chels- Yep, Keaton is just big enough for the swing... he loved it, though!! I recommend a blanket or something if you're worried. I am anxious to try him out in a shopping cart now... he's sitting up like a champ!