Monday, May 24, 2010

7 Years

Seven years ago today, I became Mrs. Casey Hetrick. Casey was my high school sweetheart, and at the time we got married, we had already been together for almost 5 years. That means this November, we will have been together for 12 years. It is crazy to think of all the things we've gone through over that time. I am still so happy that I married him. He continues to be an amazing, supportive, loving man that provides so much for us. He is also a wonderful and proud father, which I adore. Watching Casey play with Keaton basically stops me in my tracks every time... I can't get enough of them together. I love seeing the look on his face when Keaton smiles at him. Last night, Keaton was belly laughing at Casey. He loves his Daddy. I love his Daddy, too. :)

Casey and I went out on a date for our anniversary on Saturday night, and Keaton went to our neighbors' house for a few hours. Case and I went to the White Chocolate Grill and had some delicious food, and an amazing souffle for dessert! It was nice to be able to go out together since it's been so long with just the two of us. I, of course, could not stop talking about Keaton, and had to step back a few times and be reminded that we were on a date and I just needed to relax! I finally started to (with a little help from some white zinfandel.. but whatever works!). It was a nice evening and I'm glad we were able to go out together. Shortly before we got home- minutes, in fact, we got a call from the neighbor saying that Keaton was screaming his head off and she thought he was hungry. Doh! We definitely made the mistake of not leaving a bottle for her, and thought we'd get home before he would get hungry. Stupid assumption on our part. Keat was screaming and crying like I hadn't really heard before, so I took him in and fed him... he was pretty ticked off.

I forgot to mention that we started transitioning him to his crib this weekend. Friday night was pretty tough- he woke up every single hour, crying and wanting his binky. Saturday night was MUCH better... after the crying fest earlier in the night and lack of sleep the night before, I think he wore himself out, and slept from 9:30 pm until about 2 a.m. I fed him at 3, and he slept another 3-4 hours. Last night, he slept from about 9:30 until 4 this morning! So yes, things are getting much better. I also think the Snooze Sack we bought him worked wonders as well. :)

I'm blogging completely out of order this time... sorry about that. I wanted to write about our reunion with our Prepared Childbirth class on Saturday. Keaton did great, especially for being sleep deprived. We got to tell our birth story, and meet other parents and their babies (not necessarily from our class- there was a combo reunion for 3 classes). It was pretty fun, and we took some group photos, so I'll post them as soon as the director sends them my way. She also got a few of the three of us, which we don't really have much of yet, so I hope they turned out well. I'm glad we went- it was nice to hear other stories and relate to other people about what we've all gone through so far.

I guess that sums up the weekend. Now I'm listening to Keaton chatter at himself in his swing. Time to finish my lunch and go play with my little dude!

-Ash

No comments: