Monday, May 10, 2010

Charley's Birthday & Mother's Day

Saturday was spend spoiling Mr. Charley Brown (again) on his 6th birthday. We had to take him back to the vet for his recheck on his ears, and spent some time talking to the vet about him and what to expect with the Lymphoma in the weeks to come. There's no real timeline for this whole thing, we just have to keep an eye on him and make sure he's not in any pain, and that his lymph nodes are staying small. After seeing his 'people', he got to go to downtown Naperville again and go to Two Bostons, and got to run around with Daddy. Keaton and I stayed in the car part of the time because the weather was COLD! It felt like Fall... I thought we were done with that season already! Charley got a bunch more treats at Two Bostons, and Keaton enjoyed looking around while Daddy carried him from place to place.

When we got home that evening, we fixed dinner, then gave Charley a few pieces of his cake, which he proceeded to eat too quickly. I thought I was going to have to give him the Heimlich Maneuver! I have video of him eating the cake, and me slapping him on the back... kind of funny now because he was fine, but at the time it was kind of scary!! Anyway, he loved the cake and all the treats. He's been eating his food more the past few days, and drinking a ton of water. The downside to that is that Saturday night, he apparently crawled up in bed with me and fell asleep, and peed on our comforter. He did the same on the floor. So we are trying to monitor him better now and take him out to the bathroom frequently. It's a weird concept when we're used to a dog who could go 8 hours without having to go to the bathroom. I'm just glad that he seems to feel better, and minus the potty incidents, he's still very active and happy.

Keaton and Casey (and Charley) gave me a very nice Mother's Day yesterday. I got cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and a card from each of them. Casey got me a massage (to be cashed in later) and they both took me out for dessert. We spent a nice afternoon together in downtown Naperville. It was a little bit warmer, so we walked around for an hour or so by the riverwalk. We also got to see both families on Skype yesterday, which was a nice treat. Finally, we took Keaton over to the neighbor's house last night to drop something off, and he noticed Charley playing with two of their dogs and started laughing louder than he ever has as he watched them play! I thought that was a nice gift, too... even if it wasn't meant to be. I could listen to that kid laugh for hours! :)

I can't believe how quickly this weekend went. In a few short days we'll head to Topeka. Thursday night we are taking Charley to the Petshotel at Petsmart, and he's staying there until we get back on Monday evening. I am excited to take Keaton home to meet all of his family members. I really hope the flight goes well and he doesn't cry! I should also mention at this time that we are fairly certain he is starting to get teeth. I felt his upper gums on Saturday and definitely felt little ridges starting to form... I am not ready for that yet! All I know is, if that's the case, the breastfeeding days are probably numbered! ;) Maybe not, but it sure doesn't sound like very much fun, for either of us!

I'm going through over 250 pictures taken just since last week, so I will try to post more soon. Casey fixed my computer now, too, so I can finally add pics to the blog again! :)

-Ash

No comments: