Friday, November 6, 2009

24, and Alphabet Soup

Let week 24 begin!! With so much baby excitement the past few days (Casey really feeling it *KICK* for the first time, watching my stomach bounce, getting a crib, finalizing the baby shower invite list, etc) I am excited to see what week 24 will bring! Although at this rate, I'm not sure what else to expect as far as Peanut is concerned. I feel huge. I realize I'm not yet, but the bump has really popped out more over the last 2 weeks. I have gained weight (although we'll get a total next Wednesday when I go in for the dreaded Glucose test).. I'm betting on at least 2 lbs since I went in last month. I have been eating more protein and drinking more water, as instructed. I also ate a hell of a lot of Halloween candy last week, which probably had a bit to do with it. As much as I don't like to admit it, walking is actually helping me waddle less. I took Charley on a walk on Wednesday and found myself feeling better and less waddle-y at the end. There is a lot of pressure on my lower left side right now, where Peanut tends to hide out. Walking and stretching will only make it stronger at this rate... I just have to remember that and keep up with it... which will get more difficult as the weather gets colder.

My current plan for the day is to take Charley to downtown Naperville to spoil him and get some bones that he likes, as well as do some photography homework. We have a fun assignment that's due in 2 weeks where we have to find letters of the alphabet (all 26!) in uncommon things like nature, things around the house, etc. They just can't be pictures of letters on signs or things that are obvious like that. So far I only have a handful of letters, but I found the letter G (which is one of the harder ones) in a roll of scotch tape! S, X, and O are probably going to be super easy, it's letters like Q, R, and B that might be tough. Finding them is sort of like a scavenger hunt, so I'm excited to go explore!

That's it for me. We're starting the registry process tomorrow which will hopefully be fun. I'll try to update again on Sunday. :)

-Ash & Peanut

No comments: