Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gearing up for Thanksgiving...

I think I slept about 3 hours last night. Between Peanut squirming, Casey snoring (sorry as usual, babe!) and my mind going 80 mph for some reason, I just couldn't do it. So I got up this morning, went to class, picked up my crock pot from Ashlee (and got to see and hold Dominick again!)... then I came home and crashed. It was only supposed to be for 45 minutes, but it turned into almost 2 hours. I am not proud to admit that, mostly because I have a ton of things to do in < 24 hours before the Hetricks arrive. I finally forced myself to go to Walmart to pick up items we will need for Thanksgiving, but now that I'm back home, I definitely don't have as much energy as I need to get things done. I'm using this blog to motivate myself to get up, and just get it done.

The highlight of not being able to sleep much last night (if there is a highlight) is that I may have thought of an idea for Casey for Christmas. Granted, it's not in the 'things you can use' category, but I think it might be appropriate this year. I'm still tinkering with it, but the idea hit me around 1:30 am and I had to get up and start drawing things out because my mind wouldn't stop going. (Why can't that happen during the day when I really need it!?!?) Hopefully it will all work out and he'll enjoy it. :)

I guess that's all for now. The next day will be spent cleaning and getting the house ready before the Hetricks arrive. Then I'm sure there'll be some cooking and shopping to do before Thursday. Friday, the Hetricks want to go out and shop, but I may ask for a wheelchair or Segway or something so I don't have to waddle all around downtown. As long as there is a bathroom nearby, I should be okay. :) Doubt I'll write again until the weekend, so I'll keep this fairly short as I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about then. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

-Ash

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Make sure that you rest for Peanut. ;)