Friday, November 20, 2009

Week 26!

So it's finally Friday, and the start of week 26! This has been a slow week compared to last week, and I feel as though I've slept a lot. In reality I have gotten about the same amount of sleep as the next person, I just woke up a lot during the night (thanks to Charley's puppy dreams, Casey's snoring (sorry babe!) and having to use the bathroom...) and slept in later than normal. I finally got up at 10:45 this morning, but that was after waking up 4 times during the night, and also staying awake for about 2 hours after Casey's alarm went off this morning. Not to mention the fact that I can never go right back to sleep after I get back in bed. I am not like Casey, who's head can hit the pillow and he's out in less than a minute. I'm going to find a way to time it sometime. He really amazes me when it comes to sleep.

In other news, I am getting ready to go take pictures of my coworker's baby, Dominick. This will be his first 'real' photo session, as I'm taking pictures for his birth announcement. I haven't done this before except for back in the day at the Picture People, so it's time to dust the cobwebs off my brain and try to remember how to pose babies. Luckily he's little, so it's not like I'll have to chase him around or get him to hold props, etc. Thank goodness! That was always tough.

In other photography news, I have agreed to take pictures for my hair stylist this weekend as a gift to her parents for Christmas. I'm meeting up with she, her boyfriend, her sister, and her sister's boyfriend on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll get some good shots. I do have to say that I miss all the equipment we had at The Picture People. It's hard to make due when you also have to worry about the camera settings and lighting... we had all of that set up for us back then, so we just had to pose people and try to be creative. Now I've got to try and do it all! Yikes! Hopefully both sessions will go well. I'll update later, and even post a few pics... if they are good enough. :)

I've slept so much in my free time this week that I haven't even gone out to spend my birthday money yet! Something must be wrong with me. (Not really, Mom, don't worry.) I figure I'll have time to this weekend. Casey will probably enjoy some time at home by himself, so I'll save the shopping for tomorrow. Still not sure what I want to buy yet, but I have a ton of things floating around in my brain. The longer I wait to shop, the more I have time to talk myself out of things I don't really need. I would love a good hair straightener, but in reality, I'm probably not going to do much to my hair in a few months anyway, because I won't have time. So investing in something like that doesn't make much sense. I also don't want to buy too many more maternity shirts because I won't be able to wear them (or maybe I just shouldn't) after February. Then the weather will start to get warmer at some point and I'll have to bust out my older light-weight clothes again. I could use quite a few things right now, but none of them are fun. Tennis shoes, a new iron/ironing board, maybe a new coat (that will fit me through the winter, and so I don't have to wear the one my neighbor gave me... it's pink.)... nothing really exciting. Sort of like this paragraph... if I'm not excited to write it, you're probably not excited reading about it. So I will stop.

I guess that's about it for now. I need to hop in the shower and get ready to go take pics of Dominick. I'll probably update again sometime this weekend, and will try to have Case take a pic of me so I can prove how much I have "popped" in the last 2 weeks. With all the comments I have gotten about it this week, there's no doubt that I'm expanding quite a bit... (but still not about to explode!!!)

Love,

Ash

No comments: