Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The (not-so-dreaded) Glucose Test

So I just got back from the dreaded glucose test, which turned out to be a lot less 'dreaded' than I thought. Got my regular check-up (gained 3 lbs, heard the heartbeat again (142 bpm), BP is looking good) and then went upstairs for the orange drink chugfest and needle pricking session. I ended up in the waiting room with two other moms-to-be and we all got to chug the stuff together. I should have taken something to read, but luckily only the last 15 minutes dragged on before I had to get blood drawn. The lady that did it was super gentle and it went fast! So now I'm about to leave to go get a nice lunch (with carbs!!) and get some shopping done. I have a TON to do around the house and I know if I don't get things done today, I'll have to do all of it on Friday, which is not a fun birthday activity!

Other than that, I guess the latest Peanut news is that it started kicking a bunch the other night when it heard Casey's voice, which was pretty awesome. Casey can feel it moving every time he tries now. :) I'm glad we're finally to this point so I am not the only one experiencing it!

Time for me to go eat something delicious!

-Ash

No comments: