Monday, November 30, 2009

The Final Countdown...

...and no, not the countdown to Peanut... that one was started awhile back. No, this one is the countdown until I am unemployed. After today, the fact that I only work 3 more days this month is kind of a blessing.

I came in today, not knowing the December schedule yet (and December starts tomorrow... ahhhh!!). I also came in thinking that I had my week planned out since we are leaving on Thursday for South Carolina, and last month I was only scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays. Well, surprise to me, I am scheduled this Wednesday (I haven't worked a Wednesday since the summer!) from 10-6 pm. Wednesday was supposed to be the day that I get everything done, since I have class tomorrow morning. So... I asked if they could allow me to work from noon to 6 that day, and I probably have to cancel taking pictures for my neighbor and her family that evening as well. This really threw me for a loop. On the other hand, I didn't want to give up the hours because this will be my last paycheck, so I have to make it work. It is just a little stressful thinking that I only really have tomorrow after class, a bit on Wednesday morning, and Thursday after class to get all the things done that I need to do before we leave. Oh, and if I'm still standing at the end of the day, I will have to use that time as well. Ahhhhhh! Seriously. I need an assistant or something right now. If only we could have taught Charley to clean...

As usual, I just have to vent when I get stressed or I get too overwhelmed. I honestly think the problem right now is that I have a bit of idle time (like now while I sit here at work... things were CRAZY until 5, now it's dead in here) and that's when I stress out more because I think of all the things I could/should be doing but can't because I'm here. Okay... 3 more days. I can handle this. (Sigh).

Thanks for allowing me to let it out! I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for the blog!

-Ash

No comments: