Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday weekend

What a weekend! I don't have a lot of time to update since I leave soon for work, but I wanted to let everyone know that we did, in fact, survive the holiday.

The Hetricks arrived around 5:30 pm on Wednesday, and settled in well. We spent Thursday cooking and hanging out together, playing games and staying inside b/c it was cold and cloudy outside. (We were expecting our first snow flurries, but nothing happened. Oh well!) We had a nice, relaxed Thanksgiving lunch, then went out that evening to see The Blind Side. Definitely a good movie; we didn't even mind being in the 4th row from the front (as apparently everyone had the same idea of going to the movie that night).

Friday morning around 4, Casey went with his dad and Leslie (Val wasn't feeling well and slept in) to do some Black Friday shopping. I didn't sleep well at ALL the night before, so I was tempted to go with them, but luckily I passed out shortly after Casey left. (Peanut was kicking up a storm, plus the boys were snoring and Charley kept wanting in and out of our room all night... grrr!!) Anyway, they got some good deals, so I'm glad they got to go. We got around and headed to downtown Chicago around 1:30 pm. We went to a ton of stores so Les could continue on her shopping spree. I was pretty wiped out after all that and had a tough time keeping up with the girls as I 1) had to pee every 20 minutes (or so it seemed) and 2) can only waddle so fast these days. It was good exercise for me, though. I ended up getting a maternity coat at Old Navy (for more than 50% off!) and found a maternity hoodie on sale, which rocks because all my old ones won't zip over the bump now. :) Over all, it was a good day. We all came home and crashed early.

Saturday we went shopping... again... Leslie could shop for 24 straight hours, I believe.. but I probably could too when I was 17. :) The boys spent time at our place, putting up Christmas lights and then running to get the baby crib which came in on Wednesday. The Hetricks had to leave around 6 that night so they didn't have time to assemble it, but it's at least in the nursery now, waiting for Casey and I to put it together. We went out for pizza that night before they headed out to the airport. After they left, Case and I ran to a few different stores to find additional items for the outside of the house. I will take a picture when all of the decorations are up. :) I also have a family pic to add, but I can't now as I'm already running late.

I'll update later... I have a TON of things to get done in the next few days before we leave for South Carolina. Never a dull moment!

Love,

Ash

No comments: