Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another day, another doctor appointment

This time I'm at the OB, taking the lovely three hour glucose test. They drew my blood, made me chug this super nasty drink, then have to come back every hour to draw more blood. Four needle sticks. Besides the fact that I haven't had anything to eat since 9 last night, I'm doing okay so far. I have to skip my noon dose of Procardia, and I hope it won't affect me too much. I've felt more contractions since I've been here, but nothing too terrible. Just ready to be done with this.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but Keaton got moved up to the 3-6 classroom last week. He apparently had no problem with it and ran right in this morning. Thank goodness! His day at home yesterday did not go very well. He is fighting sleep with every ounce of his being these days. He gave my Mom such a fit yesterday that after almost ten straight minutes of hearing him argue with her about various things instead of lay down for nap, I finally went into his room. He had his purple balloon, which he's not supposed to have at nap time anyway, and would not give it up. He also tried putting the string around his neck, so that was the final straw for me. I took it, he freaked, and ended up running after me. What resulted was a big struggle to get him back into his room, into timeout, and calmed down. He was hitting and kicking things, screaming at the top of his lungs, and we finally had to put a baby gate up in front of his door so he wouldn't escape. Just when I thought he was asleep he started trying to get Mom to go in, so I gave up and had him come lay with me in my bed. He got a nap, and luckily we didn't see that side of him again for the rest of the day. He was pretty wound up even after his nap, but luckily no more meltdowns. It was rough.

I hear that kids regress when new changes happen...it would explain a few things about his attitude lately. I hope it's not too bad when the babies come home.

Anyway, less than an hour before I'm done with this crap! Get me out of here! I hope I pass...

Ash

No comments: