Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inspired... and still pregnant.

This was my Facebook status at midnight last night. I just wanted to document it because I think there will be times that I need to reread it in the future. And the feedback I got was very positive, so I'm putting it out there for whoever else may find some comfort or something from it:

I think, just maybe, that life has a way of pushing you to where you need to be. So when you feel like you are about to break, give in, give up-whatever...you are there for a reason. And you have to keep going. Life is about going...moving...changing. Not standing still. Not feeling stuck. Waking up tomorrow and not being a victim, but accepting what is and being hopeful for what will be. So today I will wake up and really WAKE UP. (And when I do, I hope I'm still pregnant.) New day... 31+1.

*****
Good check up at the OB today. My doctor was pleased with my glucose readings and said if I keep it up, I can reduce my blood sugar tests from 4 times a day to 2. He also said that my hemoglobin levels looked normal prior to this, so there were no preexisting signs of diabetes and the boys shouldn't have issues with it either (especially if they stay in even longer). Good stuff. I'm measuring fine, gaining weight as I should be, and with the exception of having to see Nurse Pam (the chick that kicked me out of the room during me 3 hour test) it was a very good check up. I go back for the Non-Stress Test (boys on heart monitors for 30 minutes) next Wednesday. Thursday we go back to MFM for another growth check. I'm going to make it to that point, darn it!!

 Every night I wonder if my water will break. (Hate that my brain does that, but it tends to go in that direction because I'm so uncomfortable at night.) I don't sleep well and it makes me kind of a zombie during the day. But I'm going to do this, darn it. I can't really say that I see myself going to the point of getting induced, because I don't know how much more room the boys can find in there or how much more uncomfortable things can get physically... but who knows? I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I will probably laugh and cry at the same time if that happens. The irony. I'm just going to try to keep up whatever it is I seem to be doing that will buy us more time. Couldn't do it on my own, I know that!!

Almost time for my post-lunch blood sugar check and my afternoon snack. I'm hungry!!

-Ash

No comments: